Senior VC & Agribusiness Advisor
- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 632
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Agriculture
Smallholder Agriculture Cluster Project (SACP) is a six-year development project financed jointly by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), OPEC Fund for International Development (OF ID) and the Government of Zimbabwe. SACP supports the transformation of smallholder agriculture in Zimbabwe through private sector-led value chain development. The Project consists of three interlinked components Inclusive Value Chain Development, Component, Climate Proofed Value Chain Infrastructure and Component and Policy and Institutional Support and Project Coordination. SACP is in the process of recruiting officers and service providers for its National Project Management Unit (NPMU) in Harare and in four Provincial Project Implementation Units (PPIU) in the field, to manage and coordinate SACP project activities,
To deliver on the above mandate, the position of SENIOR VALUE CHAIN (VC) AND AGRIBUSINESS ADVISOR (HARARE) has arisen and suitably qualified persons are invited to apply.
Reporting to the National Project Coordinator, the Senior VC and Agribusiness Advisor will lead the SACP overall effort to identify and develop enterprise-led , smallholder-inclusive value chains in the project target provinces and districts. The SACP target over project life is to provide Technical Assistant (TA) and matching grants to 40 lead enterprises, 200 microenteprises and 800 Agriculture Producer Groups.
The Advisor ensures the technical quality of the SACP value chain implementation according to the guidelines provided by the Financing Agreement, project design report, and the Project implementing Manual (PIM) and following the guidance by theProject Coordinator, the lead ministry MLAFWRD, the SACP Steering Committee and IFAD supervision missions.
- Leads project development and strategic support across the 5 provinces in the area of Value Chain and Agribusiness development.
- Coordinates the overall implementation of the Business Development Services (BDS) to Lead Enterprises,Microenterprises and to Agricultural Producer Groups.
- Coordinates the overall delivery of Matching Grants to Lead Enterprises (LE), Microenterprises (ME) and to Agricultural Producer Groups (APG).
- Liaises with the Financial Institution in charge of the Lead Enterprise Credits, and ensure coordinated targeting between Matching Grants and Credit Line according to the PIM.
- Ensures all APG/ME/LE Technical Assistance and Financial Support are appropriately planned for.
- Supports and coordinates the work by Provincial and District level SACP specialists and staff implementing value chain development activities as well as the activities implemented by BDS service provider consultants.
- Facilitates market driven linkages between agribusiness producers, wholesalers, processors, and markets
- Coordinates with SIRP to identify synergies and potential areas of collaboration
- Provides capacity building support and mentoring to relevant SACP staff at all levels; ,
- Provides the agribusiness/VC development perspective vision and inputs to the development of the AWPBs;
- Draft the agribusiness/VC sections of the SACP annual progress reports;
- Contribute to SACP M&E activities from VC and Agribusiness point of view, including data collection and reporting in coordination with the M&E team.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required ,
- A Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Management, or MBA.
- 15-years’ experience in rural development in Zimbabwe;
- Experience in value chain development, smallholder development, agribusiness, agriculture finance, international institutions;
- An existing network of relations pertaining to agribusiness. smallholder agriculture, value chains and financial inclusion;
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to delegate responsibility within the team.
The Application Process:
Interested & suitably qualified candidates for the above mentioned positions to submit their updated CVs and Application Letters to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject matter by not later than Friday 8 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.