Senior Supplies Officer
- Post Date:May 15, 2021
- Views 655
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
A vacancy has arisen for the above position which is based at Zimbabwe Phosphate Industries in Msasa. Reporting to the Group Procurement & Logistics Manager, the successful candidate shall be expected, inter alia, to discharge the following responsibilities:
- Ensures that all procurement done complies with Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Standards as set out at Corporate level.
- Initiates all procurement of goods and services and the disposal of assets in line with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act and associated regulations for execution by the PMU.
- Drafts procurement policies in line with PRAZ regulations for approval by senior.
- Ensures that Chemplex Divisions’ procurement plans are prepared and submitted on time and always complied with.
- Ensures safe custody of all procurement records for ease of retrieval when so required.
- Prepares procurement reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares contract documents and manages procurement procedures to finality.
- Supervises subordinates under Stores and Warehousing units.
- Manages the transport section.
- Liaises with various departmental heads in addressing their requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree in Economics, Business Studies or Procurement from reputable institutions.
- A Higher Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (e.g. CIPS).
- At least five years of similar procurement managerial experience in a heavy manufacturing or mining environment.
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act is a must.
- Experience in economic stocks, risks associated with stock management and security of stocks is essential.
- Expertise in coding of items of a complex nature including various engineering spares is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in tender management is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy, attention to detail, team player and good communication skills are essential attributes.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Acleandriver’s licence.
Only qualified and experienced candidates should apply attaching CVs and copies of qualifications to email address: [email protected] not later than 17 May 2021.