Senior Program Officer
- Post Date:April 10, 2021
- Views 689
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe(WVZ) is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Purpose of Position
To provide support in acquiring major grant and private non-sponsorship funding, sustaining relations with diverse major donors, and building the capacity of sector/project staff in the areas of acquisition, proposal writing/design, and project start-up. The position has a key role in the WVZL strategy to increase resources and diversify funding.
- Identify and lead proposal development (including design facilitation and writing) teams to pursue opportunities for funding, which are aligned with WVZ strategic priorities, in a professional and timely manner, and ensure they are administered well if successful.
- Accountable for leadership and decision making on proposal development for proposals at all value levels, both grants and non-sponsorship.
Donor and Partner Relationships
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with donors, partners, and WV Support Offices to identify new funding opportunities to meet funding gaps and/or growth in program/projects, which respond to needs in target communities.
- Manage relationships with WV Support Offices focused on private non-sponsorship funding. Support relationships with local funders as needed.
Proposal to Project handover
- Lead Project start-up workshops and ensure quality handover of proposal design and donor expectations/requirements to the project operations team once the proposal is funded.
- Support the recruitment of key personnel for all grant programs
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in a relevant discipline (International Relations, Development studies or any other related field with at least 4 years work experience in Resource mobilization
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in an international NGO
- Minimum 3 years of writing and design of proposals for bi-lateral or multi-lateral funding.
- Strong relevant experience in managing relation with donors and partners and understanding of key donor requirement (specifically USAID, EU, and DFID).
- Work experience with other international organizations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies.
- Strong presentation, networking and donor engagement skills
- Technical exposure to at least 2 sectors (Health/Nutrition, Education, WASH, Livelihoods/Resilience, DRR, Gender/Protection) through proposal development experience and/or networks a strong advantage.
- Experience in project management an added advantage.
- Experience with private sector donors an added advantage.
- Experience representing organization in clusters an added advantage.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
NB. Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 19 April 2021