Senior Program Officer
- Post Date:August 21, 2021
- Views 423
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Senior Program Officer under the DREAMS Program. The position will be based in Bulawayo. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. Zim-TTECH is implementing the DREAMS program in four districts in Matebeleland North province. Zim-TTECH also supports Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe. The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Senior Program Officer will be the DREAMS team lead for Matabeleland North Province. The Senior Program Officer provides programmatic support, coordinates the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program activities at provincial and district levels.
- Develop quarterly, monthly, and weekly work plans in conjunction with the Program Coordinator, implementing partners, and government stakeholders.
- Conduct regular site support visits to ensure program implementation fidelity and quality through coordination and technical support activities.
- Provide community lay cadres (ambassadors, mentors, facilitators, young sisters) with skills and resources to improve the DREAMS project activities.
- Conduct program review meetings and capacity building activities and communicate regularly on challenges that may affect the program operations.
- Coordinate monthly team update meetings, participate in the development and preparation of project reports, technical assessment reports, and other project narrative reports.
- Provide a key co-ordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
- Compile reports and program successes and share with key stakeholders.
- Support, and collaborate with Strategic Information and Evaluation (SIE) provincial and district teams to monitor program implementation.
- Ensure compliance with PEPFAR, Zim-TTECH, and national implementation guidelines, standards, and policies.
- Fulfil other appropriate level accountabilities as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- First degree in Public Health or a relevant Social Science Degree. MPH, or an equivalent master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience, working on adolescent and youth health related interventions which includes experience with HIV/AIDS/SRHR program planning and implementation at the community or provincial level working in the NGO sector.
- Demonstrated success in managing projects implemented by multiple stakeholders required.
- Experience in designing and implementing PEPFAR funded public health/international development programs.
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues specifically targeted for young people in general and adolescent girls and young women.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy is a must. Proficiency in English, Shona, and Ndebele.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer,
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 August 2021