Senior Program Manager
- Post Date:May 9, 2021
- Views 343
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Senior Program Manager – Clinical, based in Belgravia, Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The position provides leadership and management of Zim-TTECH’s clinical work to support the national care and treatment program in TB & HIV/AIDS. It provides oversight to clinical mentoring activities at central and provincial hospitals in collaboration with senior clinical staff at these facilities and site level quality improvement at Zim-TTECH supported sites.
- Provide clinical leadership to support Zim-TTECH’s strategic approach to HIV treatment and care in line with the National HIV/AIDS program. Lead Zim-TTECH consortium clinical capacity building activities of Program Coordinators, Provincial, District and Site level staff to ensure comprehensive care along the full HIV treatment to cascade towards the 95-95-95 treatment goals.
- Provide appropriate and updated clinical input in the development and adaptation of various curricula and training material.
- Guide Consortium clinical mentoring/site support presence at central, provincial hospitals, district, and facility levels.
- Lead program staff in activities that contribute towards meeting MER targets and providing clinical input to analysis of the indicators.
- Support development of annual work plans, including identifying tasks, processes, and deliverables, and in establishing mechanisms to ensure efficient work plan implementation for implementation fidelity.
- Collaborate with technical staff on the team to identify in-country technical assistance needs, ensuring feedback on the same and linking the Country Office with network-wide initiatives.
- Lead consortium work in the development and monitoring of Ca Cervix and Mental health activities in Zim-TTECH supported districts including site assessments and review of program tools.
- Provide leadership in lead consortium work in PMTCT and TB/HIV integration activities in Zim-TTECH supported districts.
- Represent Zim-TTECH at relevant partnership fora and technical working groups.
- Monitor and supervise Zim-TTECH consortium clinical staff and evaluation of clinical activities at sites to ensure impact.
- Oversee site level CQI processes to respond to challenges identified at site level.
- Monitor of Program Coordinators’ plans and reports.
- Develop and deliver reports and presentations conveying program progress, best practices, and novel methodologies.
- Contribute to the documentation and knowledge sharing of program results through articles, conference posters, web postings and presentations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Medical doctor with experience in HIV/TB health care and support delivery, active licensure with MDPCZ.
- Master’s in Public Health or related field with an emphasis on infectious diseases, experience in PMTCT programme, CAYPHIV programming and mainstreaming mental health in HIV programming will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in public health programs with emphasis on infectious diseases and HIV and AIDS, with at least 2 years’ experience working on health care delivery in a resource challenged setting.
- High degree of judgment, maturity, ingenuity, and originality to interpret strategy, analyse, develop, and present work, monitor, and evaluate implementation of programs.
- Exceptional management, interpersonal communication and negotiation skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Zimbabwe HIV treatment initiatives, guidelines, and policies.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25 % of the time and high-level computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access and be able to successfully interact with senior government officials.
- Ability to develop high level strategic relationships with multiple partners working in the country.
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or to the below mentioned address:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 May 2021
Related Jobs (21)
WHO Health Emergency (WHE) Documentation Consultant on September 14, 2021 Consultancy