- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 231
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : PLANNER / SENIOR (1 POSITION)
GRADE : 8/7
REPORTING TO : PRINCIPAL TOWN PLANNER
LOCATION : CLEVELAND HOUSE
DEPARTMENT : WORKS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above mentioned vacancy in the Town Planning Division of the Department of Works in City of Harare.
Responsible for the preparation and reviewing of the Harare Combination Master Plan anSenior PlannerSenior Plannerd Local Plans, Layout Plans for residential, commercial. Industrial and Institutional uses, Processing of subdivision applications for change of use. reservations, developments, consolidation and monitoring developments within City of Harare.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Prepares/reviews the Harare Combination Master Plan and Local Development Plans, Layout Plans for residential, Commercial, Industrial and Institutional uses.
- Processes Subdivision and consolidation applications, change of use, reservations, certificates of compliance and applications for development and monitors developments within the city to ensure compliance with the operative Planning Frameworks.
- Provides advice on Town Planning matters to stakeholders.
- Writes reports on Town Planning matters.
- Provides data of land use nature to other departments and stakeholders.
- Carries out research for policy review, by laws and legislative reviews and other emerging development issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Town Planning.
- A-Master’s Degree in Town Planning an added advantage.
- Two (2) years post qualification experience working in a local authority or public sector.
- Should have undergone a structured graduate trainee program with a reputable organisation.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated knowledge of auto CAD and GIS.
- Membership to a relevant Institute will be an added advantage.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s licence an added advantage.
- High level of integrity
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (27)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time