Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 359
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Requisition ID: req13998
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
The Senior M&E Manager is responsible for the strategic leadership for the M&E function for the country program, ensuring that adequate systems are in place, functional and capable of providing adequate data to management for decision making. The position will direct line-manage the M&E staff in the country program (who will maintain dotted lines to their respective Project Managers where relevant). The position reports to the Deputy-Director for Programs (DDP).
- Working in collaboration with the SMT participate in the implementation and monitoring of the IRC/Zimbabwe’s strategic action plan (SAP) and SAP-IP, the Good and Great standards & practices and Exemplar initiative.
- Provide support to ensure programs are measurably more outcome-focused, gender sensitive, cost-efficient, responsive to clients’ needs and preferences, and adapted to contexts of intervention.
- Working in collaboration with Sector Coordinators and Technical Unit staff, ensure that programs are designed and carried out according to IRC and industry best practices.
- Liaise with the Regional Measurement Action Coordinator (RMAC) and seek support and advice as needed.
Monitoring and Evaluation management:
- Manage the M&E function for the country program, including MfA and COMET and other corporate initiatives.
- Support the design and manage M&E systems, tools and templates to monitor performance. This includes developing log frames, data collection tools, as well as processes for data analysis and storage.
- Support the development of indicator tracking tools measuring program performance indicators as per donor reporting requirements and Projects Implementation Meetings (PIM).
- Develop monthly indicator tracking sheets for monitoring of program achievement on a monthly basis.
- Conduct data Audits in the field as needed.
- Design and implement appropriate evaluation methodologies for projects and programs including baseline, midterm and end line surveys, data analysis and report writing.
- Manage any external consultants hired to undertake surveys or evaluations including drawing up TORs and data quality assurance.
- Conduct regular field visits to program sites to identify gaps in timeliness and quality of data reporting and work with relevant staff to address the gaps.
- Coordinate the production of timely reports to track performance and progress, according to standard procedures and templates.
- Provide support to the program team in compiling reports, stressing the importance of data quality, indicator-based reporting and analysis of trends and the achievement of program objectives/outcomes.
- Ensure the Country Program’s Knowledge Management (capturing, analyzing, updating and sharing lessons from programs implementation)
- Review reports to ensure accuracy and quality before submission to donors.
- Facilitate training of Program staff and partners on monitoring and evaluation.
Budget planning and management:
- Ensure that M&E is adequately budgeted for in all current and new programs
- Manage M&E budget component in program budget in line with the approved implementation and spending plans.
- Ensure efficient utilization of M&E financial and program resources (value for money).
- Ensure that financial controls, reports and accountability standards are maintained.
Co-ordination and Networking:
- Establish good working relations or networks with relevant stakeholders on M&E issues.
- Co-ordinate with other sector managers.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership guidance for M&E officers.
- Motivate M&E staff to meet set targets and objectives.
- Ensure that staff understands organizational vision, mission and strategic directions.
- Manage staff performance.
- Deploy ability to organize own work and work independently.
- Promote high performance by field staff.
- Promote innovation and learning for field staff.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- High ethical standards.
Skills specific to the post:
- Ability to produce analytical reports.
- Good communication skills, appropriate to the audience.
- Competence in using information technology including experience with word-processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Team-building, training and coaching skills.
- Good interpersonal and inter-cultural skills.
- University degree in M & E, Social Science, Development or related discipline
- At least 5 years working within the humanitarian and development context, with a focus on research, M&E, preferably experience with institutional development M&E.
Please find detailed information on the position and submit your application here:
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline: 8 April 2021