Senior Manager - Business Banking
- Post Date:April 22, 2022
- Views 290
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Banking
Reporting to: The Head of Retail Banking
The Senior Manager – Business Banking will be responsible for creating, monitoring, nurturing, and managing the Retail Banking Business Lending Portfolio. His role is also to ensure the credit delivery activities achieve the desired profitability targets and that the quality of the business tending book is at the highest standards. The other role is to manage Business Relationships in Retail Banking, through a committed team of Portfolio Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing lending relationships at Retail Banking through Portfolio Managers.
- Contributing towards crafting of Credit Delivery Standards for Retail Banking.
- Contributing towards coming up with the Strategic Portfolio Mix Standards for Retail Banking.
- Managing Portfolio Managers throughout Retail Banking.
- Contributing towards crafting of the Retail Credit Strategy.
- Ensuring credit standards are maintained by all Portfolio Managers.
- Guaranteeing that all turnaround times are met in the Credit Delivery process For Retail Banking.
- Making sure the Credit Portfolio quality is maintained at desired levels For Retail Banking.
- Ensuring the Sectorial distribution of the Portfolio is according to the set thresh- holds, in terms of percentage share contribution, in order to reduce Concentration Risk.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the non-performing loan book is within the targeted levels for Retail Banking.
- Managing Portfolio Managers to ensure credit revenue targets are met for Retail Banking.
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements between branches and Business Banking Department as well as
- Credit Department, are met all the time, in order to maintain the highest Standards of Credit Delivery.
- Overseeing that Portfolio Managers deliver the highest quality of service to clients in terms of Relationship Management.
- Establishing a high-performance culture within the Business Banking Unit.
Job Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to generate new ideas and creative solutions.
- Strong relationship and networking skills both external and internal to the Bank.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Solid Implementation and Coordination Capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Studies, Business Management, Banking, Economics or equivalent.
- A Credit Management Qualification will be a distinct advantage.
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Solid Credit exposure in a Bank at Senior Management Level (minimum 5 years).
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume no later than 24 April 2022. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (23)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship