Senior Land Surveyor
- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 323
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : LAND SURVEYOR 1 SENIOR (1 POST)
REPORTING TO : PRINCIPAL LAND SURVEYOR
GRADE : 8/7
LOCATION : CLEVELAND HOUSE
DEPARTMENT : WORKS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above mentioned vacancy in the Land Survey Section, Land development and Management Division of the Department of works.
The incumbent will be responsible for heading survey teams responsible for the execution of cadastral, engineering and topographical surveys. S/he will be responsible for implementing performance management and administration in the team for effective and efficient deployment of resources therein. The incumbent will also attend inter-departmental, interdivisional and other meetings with stakeholders and institutions, like the Department of the Surveyor-General, Survey Institute of Zimbabwe and the Council of Land Surveyors.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Executes cadastral surveys for the City and supervises subordinate survey team members.
- Executes surveys for resolution of boundary disputes.
- Prepares regular survey action plans for surveys and maintains job registers.
- Liaises with the Department of the Surveyor General and the Registrar of Deeds in relation to the examination of title surveys and the registration of land.
- Supervises and monitors the execution of cadastral survey work by Land Survey Technicians in terms of the Land Survey Act [Chapter 20:12], Land Surveyors Act [Chapter 27:06], and the respective Rules and Regulations framed therefrom.
- Implements performance management strategies and prepares progress and operations reports as required.
- Determines and recommends budgetary and equipment requirements
- Controls usage of equipment and ensures proper maintenance and service thereof.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors degree in Surveying or an acceptable equivalent.
- Registration with the Council of Land Surveyors in Zimbabwe.
- Membership of the Survey Institute of Zimbabwe and any other professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Should have undergone a structured graduate trainee program with a reputable organisation.
- At least two years post qualification experience
- Class 4 driver’s licence a must.
SKILLS AND DESIRED COMPETENCES
- Decision making skills.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and analysis skills.
- Class 4 driver’s licence a must..
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Cutting-edge ICT skills (esp. Computer Aided Design, CAD) and confidence with new technology.
- Client management / customer service skills.
- Verbal and communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (35)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time