Senior Hardware Technician
- Post Date:October 5, 2021
- Views 265
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
An exciting career opportunities has arisen within the Group IT Division of CBZ Holdings as a Senior Hardware Technician. If you are eager to join a team of energized and passionate experts who are technology driven, this is a career opportunity for you.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the staging and testing of hardware components for new or repaired hardware.
- Manage the installation and testing of Operating Systems and Applications.
- Oversee the activation of user licenses for the Operating System and the Applications
- Monitor the receipt of new hardware equipment and ensure component verification for all received equipment.
- Oversee the configurations, testing and delivery of equipment to end users.
- Plan and monitor Data Center resources utilization
- Design the hardware set-up of EFT systems.
- Supervise the deployment, installation and testing of EFT Operating System software and Application software on EFT servers and peripherals such as POS devices, ATMs, etc.
- Supervise the resolution of IT Service Desk issues as per IT incident management.
- Recommend procurement of spare components and supervise regular preventative maintenance on user machines and on EFT Hardware.
- Ensure proactive and reactive capacity management activities on system and hardware resources and manage EFT systems’ software.
- Maintain operational availability for EFT systems at agreed SLA rates.
- Manage risks and develop procedures and guidelines for activities within the unit
- Review all system documentation for server infrastructure, EFT systems, and end-user computing devices such as Desktops, Laptops and Tablets.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all IT Hardware assets.
- Implement and review IT Security controls on all server infrastructure, EFT systems, and end-user computing devices such as Desktops, Laptops and Tablets.
- Oversee set up of Disaster Recovery for all supported systems including routine testing.
- Lead, manage and direct the Hardware support team.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognised institution
- 5 Years’ experience of infrastructure systems support
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- HP, FLAPS, HP Blade systems Administration, Microsoft, Security+, A+, City Guilds or equivalent
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, EFT systems and Pos devices .
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware architecture and maintenance
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good Communication skills
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. If you wish to be considered email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: [email protected] not later than Thursday 7 October,2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CBZ Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Related Jobs (45)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021