Senior Geographical Information System Officer
- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 251
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM OFFICER/SENIOR (1 POST)
REPORTING TO : PRINCIPAL GIS OFFICER
GRADE : 8/7
LOCATION : CLEVELAND HOUSE
DEPARTMENT : WORKS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above mentioned vacancy in the GIS Section, Land Development and Management Division of the Department of works.
The incumbent is responsible for the implementation of operational plans relating to Geographic Information System (GIS) collation, conversion, integration, modelling, storage. maintenance and dissemination to Stakeholders.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Manages all utility and cadastral information including survey diagrams. general plans and other plans.
- Implements filing systems for plans and other land information produced and kept by the City of Harare.
- Implements and maintains an up-to-date computerized land information management system for the City of Harare.
- Designs and develops GIS User applications for various City of Harare Geographical Information Systems (GIS) users.
- Interfaces with various City of Harare GIS users in relation to their changing user requirements.
- Prepares a schedule of records approved by the Surveyor General to the Finance Director (City Valuer and Estates Manager) to ensure that processes leading to collection of rates on the new properties are initiated timely.
- Maintains up to date stand number and township registers and township index maps.
- Effects changes and endorsements on all plans after transactions that change the status or tenure of land.
- Undertakes quality control of data captured into the GIS database.
- Supervision and implementation of performance management and recommends staff skills improvement programmes in response to needs.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc. Degree in Surveying, Geo-Informatics or Geomatics or acceptable equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least two years post qualification practicing in a similar set up.
- Should have undergone a structured graduate trainee program with a reputable organisation.
- Membership of recognized professional body is an added advantage.
- Class 4 driver’s licence will be an advantage.
SKILLS AND DESIRED COMPETENCES
- Decision making skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Geo-database Management skills.
- Knowledge of Web GI.
- Programming and scripting skills.
- Other Cutting-edge ICT skills (esp. Computer Aided Design, CAD) and confidence with new technology.
- Client management / customer service skills.
- Communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (27)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time