Senior Financial Accountant
- Post Date:October 7, 2021
- Views 267
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
An exciting career opportunity have arisen within the Group Finance Division of CBZ Holdings as a SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT. If you are eager to join a team of energized and passionate experts, this is a career opportunity for you.
What we expect from you
- Design financial reporting packs for quarterly, half yearly and annual reporting periods in line with IFRSs and guided by various accounting bodies (PAAB, ICAZ & ACCA).
- Prepare statutory consolidated financial results (Half year and Annual) in press release format for review by the Head Group Finance.
- Prepare the Group’s trading updates in line with the requirements of ZSE and applicable IFRSs.
- Prepare the Group’s Annual Report in conformity to IFRSs and other regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the external audit for the Holding company and Group Consolidated Financial Statements, including clearing all technical review queries raised by the External Auditor’s technical departments.
- Assist the Head Group Finance in ensuring that the SBUs’ Annual reports are aligned to the Group Accounting policies and changes in IFRSs.
- Provide guidance to Subsidiaries on the implementation of new and revised IFRSs.
- Interpret and apply the effects of changes in IFRSs in consultation with Head Group Finance.
- Lead formal IFRS presentations to subsidiaries in consultation with the Head Group Finance.
- Assist in the delivery of high quality financial reports to the Group and relevant subsidiary Boards on a monthly basis.
- Craft and manage audience specific reporting, dashboards and other solutions for the Group and subsidiaries.
- Review statutory instruments issued by RBZ and any other regulatory bodies and assess the impact on the Group financial statements.
- Prepare research documents on complex and technical transactions aligned to international best practice for financial reporting compliant with IFRSs applicable in Financial Services industry
- Monitor and report on new International Financial Reporting Standards, and develop technical papers and models for Group-wide adoption.
- Assist in the regular reviews of financial reporting processes, documentation and communication frameworks.
- Review internal controls to identify control weaknesses and areas of business risk for the designing and implementation of mitigating controls across the Group
Qualifications, Skills and experience required
- A Degree in Accounting
- A full professional qualification such as ACCA, CA, CIMA.
- At least 5 years’ experience working preferably in a similar role.
- Good communication and presentation skills and ability to relate well at all levels.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and produce accurate work.
- Good computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel and accounting packages.
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. If you wish to be considered email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: [email protected] not later than Wednesday 13 October,2021
Related Jobs (18)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time
Vehicle Licensing Controller – Southern (Bulawayo) on October 21, 2021 Full Time