Senior Finance Officer
- Post Date:November 17, 2021
- Views 371
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Finance and Operations Manager
Family AIDS Caring Trust (FACT) Zimbabwe is a Christian organisation that was established in 1987 as the first AIDS serving organisation in Zimbabwe. Based in Mutare, Manicaland Province, FACT Zimbabwe is implementing various projects across Zimbabwe which aim to realise “Healthy Communities for A Healthy Nation.”
The Senior Finance Officer reports to the Finance & Operations Manager and is responsible for overseeing the program finances relating to the Children Tariro Project. The Senior Finance Officer will supervise project funds, managing and reporting on its financial performance to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses and ensuring timely preparations of donor financial reports.
Roles and responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly Financial Reports to USAID and forwards them to the Finance and Operations Manager for approval and submission to USAID;
- Reviews all documents for accuracy and compliance with the terms of the Grant agreement;
- Maintain financial oversight of programme funds disbursed to FACT, tracking the spending to ensure compliance with financial management regulations and donor requirements;
- Budget tracking of the project budgets during implementation to ensure that all budgets are in accordance with plans;
- The Senior Finance Officer will also actively participate in finance-related activities for the Finance and Administration Department, drawing the expertise from the finance team to strengthen the financial systems of the project.
Qualifications and experience
- B Com (Hons) Accounting / Bachelor of Accounting, ACCA or CIMA will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of two (3) years post qualifying experience in management of programs funded by the USAID as well as managing finances for other donors;
- Has in-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations;
- Conversant with Pastel Evolution accounting package;
- Compliance related experience is an added advantage
Interested candidates can submit an application letter together with a detailed CV to [email protected] Please write – SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER CT on the subject of your email.
FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organisation’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
Our Organisation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, colour, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Deadline: 19 November 2021
Related Jobs (9)
Project Accountant – Takunda Project on November 20, 2021