Senior Director of Programs
- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 441
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Senior Director of Programs will play a critical role in helping Friendship Bench achieve its vision to provide high quality programs and support of international partners. Responsible for a variety of significant activities including internal program operations, developing a train the trainer team, and program evaluation services. She or he will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications in order to strengthen Friendship Bench’s programs and maintain quality of impact.
Leadership of program development, quality and implementation:
- Oversee the program operations and day-to-day leadership of Friendship Bench programs in Zimbabwe;
- Provide country coordinators with management guidance, strategies for growth and implementation, and operational assistance;
- Assist in the hiring of programmatic staff; conduct yearly performance evaluations of program coordinators and implement the appropriate professional development tools and training to maximize operational effectiveness and to ensure the achievement of employee goals and performance benchmarks;
- Coordinate and direct expansion strategies including hiring and training and lead the new region identification process and site development start-up efforts; help build strategic partnerships in existing and new regions;
- Oversee the development of new remote program delivery modalities including online, phone and text-based programs.
Develop a Train the Facilitator Team:
- Recruit and manage a train-the-facilitator team that can be deployed to new national sites and partners;
- Supervise the training of facilitators in Zimbabwe across all programs and platforms (remote);
- Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success.
Lead Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Oversee Friendship Bench’s evaluation activities including data collection systems, longitudinal evaluation, and all contracts and activities relating to program evaluation and measurement; communicate and prepare all data collection summary reports and evaluation updates for the ED, board of directors, and staff;
- Develop a knowledge management system that ensures maximum sharing of information and learning throughout the organization – including for the franchisee/affiliate network; create an environment whereby Friendship Bench is known as a best-in-class learning organization.
- Graduate degree required;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a general management role, ideally in a training centered institution;
- Highly organized and ability to wear multiple hats in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment;
- A driving force who manages toward clarity and solutions;
- A successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization;
- Thorough understanding of project management and implementation;
- Able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals;
- A consummate team player with a flexible and creative approach;
- Excellent communication and coalition building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- High level of knowledge and understanding, especially as it relates to program replication, connecting programs to funding, creatively generating other resources, and building strategic partnerships.
Candidates meeting the above requirements must attach a CV and a motivational letter to the following email address: [email protected]
Deadline: 31 May 2021
Related Jobs (32)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract