Senior Coverage Officer (Southern Africa Region)
- Post Date:July 12, 2022
- Views 410
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Requisition ID: 542
Established in 1985, the Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank Group (TDB Group) is a multilateral, treaty-based, investment-grade development finance institution, with 41 sovereign and institutional shareholders and assets of approximately USD 8 billion. TDB Group is an autonomous COMESA-based institution and currently serves 22 economies in eastern and southern Africa region, with the mandate to foster trade, regional economic integration, and sustainable development.
TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development, and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates who are nationals of TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position.
The purpose of the Coverage team is to drive business development and deal origination by establishing long-term relationships with top economic and financial decision-makers (CEOs, CFOs, treasurers, etc.) in southern Africa. The role also promotes all the services and expertise of the Bank, to potential partners (corporates, financial institutions, public entities, sponsors, and family offices) in the assigned member countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
The key roles and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Originate deal pipeline in assigned geography and perform the first screening of funding request/leads generated to ensure it meets the Bank’s lending terms and conditions as well as strategy.
- Prepare NDF presentations and pro-actively participate in term sheet negotiations.
- Track deal closure through pipeline in collaboration with Product Officer.
- Provide input into Business Development Strategy every year in terms of each member state to identify priority sectors and countries, agree on the implementation of business strategy roll out, plan for operations, benchmark the Bank’s product and pricing against its competition.
- Actively participate in the business strategy roll out in the coverage region.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget for the region in line with the Bank’s budget to effectively guide the deal pipeline.
- Meet financial profitability targets per the agreed targets for the bank’s products, Projects and Infrastructure Finance and Trade Finance.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with professional counterparts and external parties to collect market intelligence and identify new business opportunities.
- Conduct or commission market research and analysis to understand implications and identify new business development opportunities in line with the Bank’s strategy.
- Mentor and share core competence related knowledge with other Coverage Officers.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Economics with relevant professional qualifications as added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 – 10 years of relevant professional experience in a development financial institution (DFI), a commercial / investment bank or private equity firm with experience across a number of financial products.
- Proven deal track-record of sourcing, structuring, and closing project finance and infrastructure investments in the region.
- Knowledge of corporate and sovereign credit analysis and approval processes with experience in project and infrastructure and/or structured trade and commodity financing.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills including financial modeling.
- Results oriented individual with excellent written and communication skills with proven ability to rapidly produce quality reports and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Proven organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, work in multinational teams, deliver results and management client relationships.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Knowledge of TDB’s other working languages (French or Portuguese) would be an added advantage.
Application package should include a cover letter, resume, academic and professional certificates, full contact address, and three reference names and addresses.
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications by 15th July 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
TDB Group is an equal opportunities employer.