Senior Claims Handler
- Post Date:September 14, 2021
- Views 429
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Agricultural Finance Company Holdings (AFC) is a newly formed entity made up of four subsidiaries namely; AFC Commercial Bank, AFC Land and Development Bank, AFC Insurance and AFC Leasing Company.
Reporting to the Claims Manager, AFC Insurance is looking for a qualified, motivated and experienced Senior Claims Handler. The ideal candidate will provide proactive management of claims under the Motor and Non-Motor clusters to achieve high levels of technical claims handling through, high quality leadership and excellent client service by implementing necessary claims process / workflow and optimization of resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in developing the claims value proposition.
- Ensure that claims are handled in an efficient and timely manner in line with established processes, workflow and KPIs.
- Handle complex claims and/or claims disputes as and when the need arises.
- Set file strategies and negotiate claim settlement in accordance with policy terms.
- Coordinate the activities of Claims Service Providers.
- Ensure that all claims are accurately and timeously processed.
- Coordinate the workload and productivity of Claim Handlers to ensure the required standards of performance are achieved.
- Work in close collaboration with underwriting, reinsurance, finance and legal departments amongst others, to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure that they are aligned to the needs of customers,
- Support the continuous personal and professional development of all team members and mentor individuals to achieve success.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Thorough technical expertise.
- Sound claims management knowledge.
- Problem solving, decision making and good judgment skills.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage performance of individuals to strict productivity goals.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Insurance and Risk Management, or related degree.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) or relevant postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Recognised professional qualification (IIZ, IISA, CII).
- At least 5 years relevant experience.
- A high degree of computer literacy.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 16 September 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.