Senior Business Development Manager
- Post Date:March 9, 2022
- Views 389
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Banking
Reporting to the Head – Business Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving business development For the Bank within the national agricultural space. This is a senior position that demands a self-starter, innovative, dynamic and a self-driven person who is exceptional in unpacking high impact agriculture projects, sensitive to national developments, experienced in dealing with agricultural projects cutting across the entire value chain, a good negotiator, report writing proficiency, ability to read and interpret complex financial structures, high level credit assessment and capability to conceptualize winning Formulas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting, underwriting and developing profitable agricultural lending relationships with a primary focus on high impact projects, corporate and institutional agriculture in order to contribute towards the achievement of the overall Land Bank strategy in line with NDS1 and AFSTS.
- Initiate high impact and developmental agriculture projects across the country taking advantage of Government programs.
- Contribute in meeting Government expectations in achieving AFC’s role in crop leadership across the entire agricultural sector.
- Growing and managing existing and new customers through effective communication and a thorough understanding of their agricultural financing needs.
- Prepare loan request appraisals For presentation to credit approval committee.
- Improving service processes and systems, and tracking loan performance.
- Develop complex funding structures that enable the bank to underwrite more agriculture business across the entire agriculture value chain at minimum risk.
- Management of portfolio risk by critically evaluating credit appraisals before submission to Credit Approval Committee For consideration.
- Uphold the Bank vision and mission in its quest to transform agriculture.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Sound knowledge and expertise on high impact and complex private & public sector led project proposals in the agricultural space, value chain financing models, agricultural development and empowerment projects.
- Knowledge of NDS1 and AFSTS.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Banking/Finance/Economics/ Business Studies/ or equivalent commercial degree.
- A Post Graduate Qualification such as MBA, MSc or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience with exposure to new business development, management of big agricultural projects.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 10 March 2022. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying For as your E-mail Subject Reference.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Related Jobs (15)
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship