Senior Asset Protection Officer - Students
- Post Date:May 4, 2022
- Views 413
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Education
ASSET PROTECTION SERVICES
Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the post of SENIOR ASSET PROTECTION OFFICER, STUDENTS (1 POST).
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
The position requires an individual with:-
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Security and Risk Management or a related field from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of ten years’ working experience in a security related environment at senior level.
- Previous experience in National Security Agencies will be an added advantage.
- A clean criminal record as well as a clean class four driver’s license.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate must be able to:-
- Be a versatile, mature and self-motivated individual with high emotional and personal integrity.
- Be a client- focused person, with good interpersonal relations and who can work well with young adults.
- Ensure the safety and security of students, and their property, both on and off campus.
- Develop and implement a safety and security strategy that enhances the protection of University students.
- Carry out regular security assessments on student hostels and facilities and make recommendations that enhance safety and security of students.
- Enforce University rules and ordinances that regulate student conduct.
- Develop and maintain information gathering strategies that enhance proactive detection of anomalous activities.
- Attend to scenes of crime, carrying out investigations and compile incident reports.
- Testify and present evidence in Student Disciplinary matters.
- Carry out awareness campaigns on issues of crime and drugs.
- Take charge of operations at all student public functions and events.
- Provide effective supervision of Asset Protection Officers, Sergeants and Asset Protection Assistants including offering on the job training and assessment of their performance.
- Take a leading role in carrying out public order and crowd management.
- Maintain records and analyse crime trends to inform the deployments of subordinates.
- Liaise with National Security Agencies on matters relating to students.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Asset Protection Services Director or Asset Protection Manager, Students.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to:
University of Zimbabwe,
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 6 May 2022.