Senior Analyst (Service Delivery)
- Post Date:March 1, 2022
- Views 257
- Career Level AnalystQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry ICT
Business Unit: Wholesale Banking
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Technology Services
Vacancy Manager: Technology Service Delivery Manager
Purpose of the job
To supervise ServiceDesk management, coordinate system changes guided by the business requirements and ICT policy and coordinate problem and incident management as per ITIL framework.
Main Focus Areas
Service Desk Management
- Effectively supervises the ServiceDesk system
- Formally documents Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements
- Ensures SLA target breaches are highlighted, investigated, and managed when producing service reports for each business functional area.
- Communicates effectively and supports Technology Services Delivery manager to ensure that quality end-to-end service is maintained
- Ensures that all processes used by the ServiceDesk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Ensures that queries logged on the ServiceDesk are promptly assigned for resolution
- Follows up on any open tickets to minimize SLA violations and ensure optimal query resolution rate
- Conducts and shares results for the ServiceDesk service and operation performance reviews with Technology Service Delivery Manager
- Works closely with all relevant stakeholders, including the support desk team, customers, and other teams that are involved in ServiceDesk operations
- Reviews all requests for service, clarifies requirements and assigns to responsible IT team member where necessary
Change and Release Management
- Ensures that resource requirements for system changes are available during core hours and that standby support is available out of hours
- Communicates the downtime of core services to Service Delivery manager to ensure minimal disruption to service delivery
- Ensures the maintenance of any associated release or change documentation and processes
- Coordinates the CAB and e-CAB meetings in consultation with Security & Governance
- Ensures that the appropriate governance is in place to provide successful delivery of all changes in consultation with Security & Governance
- Escalates, where required, following a change or release
- Coordinates relevant IT personnel to recover services as quickly as possible in the event of a failed service affecting change
- Ensures that retrospective changes are raised and approved in consultation with Security & Governance
Incident and Problem Management
- Coordinates the prioritization and escalation of major production incidents
- Coordinates the hosting of Major Incident calls towards driving fast incident resolution.
- Coordinates the hosting of Major Problem Review calls to determine root cause and action plan towards preventing problem recurrence.
- Documents all Major Incidents from escalation to resolution and Major Problems from root cause investigation to permanent problem resolution and closure.
- Ensures that the most critical incidents are addressed timely and successfully restored in consultation with Service Delivery Manager
- Coordinates major incident service restoration and problem management activities by leveraging technical knowledge of systems supported
- Consolidates all information required for reports for management
- Ensures timely submission of all Service Delivery related reports to line manager
- Maintains repository of ServiceDesk documentation for audit and reference purposes
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Degree in Computer Science (or a related technical field) or equivalent relevant work experience
- Additional IT qualifications are an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- IT literate with strong experience of working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
- Understanding of ITIL practices
- Ability to prioritise workload to effectively meet deadlines
- Proactive with independent working skills
- Detail oriented
- Conscientious and hardworking individual willing to take responsibility for ensuring activities are completed in the required time frame
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and able to deal with several issues at once
- Good conflict resolution and stress management skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Flexible to work long hours as required to meet deadlines
- Strong teamwork background
- Ability to work with detailed information in a structured fashion
Job Related Knowledge
- Knowledge of the use of the ServiceDesk System a must
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] attaching all your academic certificates and National ID with the Heading: “Senior Analyst – Service Delivery”.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MAD:E IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 04 March 2022 1630hrs.