Seeking candidates for the Local Governance Activity in Zimbabwe
- Post Date:March 16, 2021
- Views 879
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
RTI International is requesting expressions of interest from qualified professionals for an anticipated USAID-funded opportunity in Zimbabwe to strengthen civil society, including its engagement with government.
The expected Activity in Zimbabwe will promote implementation of the devolution measures in the 2013 Constitution and greater understanding among stakeholders of the associated rights and responsibilities. The activity may support legal and academic analysis of devolution and civil society efforts to enhance public understanding and participation. The activity may also help develop the capacities of local organizations.
Positions will be based in Harare and provincial offices, and staff will be expected to travel to target areas, according to the current travel protocols. All positions are contingent upon award and funding.
Applications from Zimbabwean nationals/residents are highly desired. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Candidates are sought for the following openings:
Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will be responsible for leading all technical activities and supervising technical civil society and governance experts on the team.
- Qualifications: An advanced degree in business or public administration, public finance, political science, international relations or development, or related area and at least 10 years of experience in the implementation and management of international donor- (including USAID-) funded governance, decentralization, municipal support components projects, with at least 5 years in a senior management position of donor-funded programs. Experience in local governance improvement methodologies, government human and institutional capacity development, decentralization, or organizational strengthening programs in Zimbabwe highly preferred. Fluency in English is required.
Finance & Administration Director will manage administrative, financial, and procurement processes including compliance with USG rules and regulations.
- Qualifications: advanced degree in business administration, accounting or other relevant field, or equivalent experience and certifications with a minimum of 10 years of experience in administrative and financial management of complex, development assistance programs, developing and managing budgets.
Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Manager will lead project’s M&E, knowledge management, and capacity building objectives.
- Qualifications: A Master’s degree in social science, international development, or a relevant field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in M&E (including experience in governance and/or capacity development programming, experience with USAID’s CLA approach preferred). Skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling techniques and establishing M&E systems.
Senior Communications Specialist will be responsible for establishing internal and external communications procedures and protocol to raise public awareness and report on project successes.
- Qualifications: Advanced degree in communications or relevant field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience, or a bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience. Familiarity with media outlets in Zimbabwe as well as communications from government institutions.
Regional State Coordinators will be responsible for managing and providing technical oversight into the activities based in their designated regional state offices.
- Qualifications: Advanced degree in political science, public administration, business, international relations, or development with 6 years of relevant professional experience. Experience in civil society and/or governance strengthening activities in Zimbabwe.
Team Leaders/Technical Experts: Technical Experts will be responsible for planning activities and developing work plans for program components and results. They will provide technical leadership and engagement for their respective technical components.
- Qualifications: They must demonstrate professional excellence in their technical areas of expertise and experience in Zimbabwe. Advanced degree in political science, public administration, business, economics, public policy, or related field with 6 years of experience or bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience in areas such as:
- Civil Society Strengthening (including organizational development, advocacy, government engagement, research/watchdog activities, networks strengthening, marketing/communications, digital solutions, etc).
- Governance (particularly strengthening government-civil society relationships)
- Private Sector Engagement
- Grants Management
- Public Administration
- Social Inclusion (including gender and youth programming)
- Information Management Systems
To apply, ”CLICK HERE”