Seed Systems Consultant
- Post Date:May 24, 2021
- Views 374
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Time Frame: 1 June – 30 June 2021 (1 month)
Introduction and background
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people. The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
HarvestPlus (www.harvestplus.org) improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals, and providing global leadership on biofortification evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH).
Scope of work
- Training of women and youth groups on nutrition and biofortification, and production and postharvest handling and storage of biofortified crops;
- Training of schools (staff and students) on nutrition and biofortification;
- Harvesting of VAM producibility trials.
- Deliverable: Train women and youth groups on nutrition, biofortification and postharvest handling and storage of vitamin A maize
- Deliverable: Training of schools (staff and students) on nutrition and biofortification and the production of iron beans
- Deliverable: Prepare harvesting materials and harvest VAM producibility trials in collaboration with a seed company
- Deliverable: Distribute relevant IEC materials during trainings and field discussions
Required competencies, qualifications and experience
- A minimum of a Degree in Agriculture or related field;
- Strong and proven experience in working with farmers to strengthen adoption, production and consumption of new crops;
- A team player, collaborative, self-motivated;
- Good communication skills
- At least three years of relevant experience;
- Excellent leadership, training and facilitation skills and able to discharge training in a language that the local communities can understand;
- In possession of a valid driver’s license.
How to apply
Applicants to send an email with seed systems consultant in the title to [email protected] and copy [email protected]
Individuals only: The application package to include (i) a cover letter, (ii) 2-page CV with at least 3 references and budget proposal, all saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 26 May 2021
Related Jobs (10)
Development of Strategic Extension Framework for ZAGP BEST Project on September 20, 2021 Consultancy
Southern Africa Regional Food Security Specialist – Livelihood on September 14, 2021 Contract