- Post Date:August 30, 2021
- Views 319
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Mining
Our client in the Mining Sector seeks applications from qualified, experienced and self-driven candidates for the SECURITY SUPERINTENDENT position
- Plans, coordinates and controls operations and staffing requirements for the security department.
- Manages and controls security efforts across the mine to identify security initiatives and standards
- Supervises and monitors the work and conduct of security operations and surveillance team.
- Monitors adherence to and enforcement of company security systems and procedures in all areas of the company’s operations.
- Ensures that all Company assets are adequately protected and safeguarded to avoid any physical and / or financial losses.
- Reviews all incidents detected by the surveillance system and carrys out preliminary investigations
- Creates a working environment which ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implements effective training and mentoring programs.
- Ensures that all administrative systems that relate to security operations are up to date and religiously enforced to promote smooth operations.
- Department to maintain functional levels of discipline and motivation within the security team.
- Produces comprehensive reports as required and ensures that all records of security activities and tools and equipment are in good condition and retrievable when required.
- Ensures compliance with SHE standards, policies, procedures and practices.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
The ideal incumbent must possess the following minimum educational qualifications and experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Security/ Risk Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Police/ Military as a Commissioned Officer or recognised private security organisation.
- Experience in a Mining or heavy manufacturing environment or similar setting is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems.
- Ability to use Windows, Microsoft Office etc.
- Capacity to adapt to modern technology trends in security and risk management is a critical competence.
- A clean driver’s license is an added advantage
Due Date: 1 September 2021