Secretary to the Director
- Post Date:August 13, 2021
- Views 433
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
The National Competitiveness Commission [NCC] is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament [Chapter 14:36], and falls under the purview of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MoIC). The Commission is mandated to facilitate the creation of a competitive environment for Zimbabwean business through the development, coordination and implementation of key policy improvements required for domestic, regional and global competitiveness. The Commission seeks to consider suitably qualified candidates for the following ‘Permanent Contract’ position of Secretary to the Director to be based at our Harare offices.
The Secretary reports to the Director of the Commission. The main function of the position is preparing and coordinating reports and agendas for meetings, including dispatch to various members and minute taking at the Commission, committees and management meetings. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing office management, communication and administrative support to the Director by handling confidential correspondence and exercising a high degree of discretion and initiative.
Duties & Responsibilities (Key Result Areas)
- Screening and directing telephone calls to the Director.
- Screening and directing clients to the Director’s office.
- Managing the Director’s diary efficiently.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting
- Develops calendar of key events, dates, and deadlines that are critical to the strategy of the Commission.
- Draft correspondence such as emails and letters.
- Plan travel, including flights, accommodation and road transportation.
- Carrying out other administrative functions.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
Required Skills & Attributes
- High level data analytical skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- A degree or HND in Office Administration or equivalent.
- At least three years’ experience.
- A professional qualification is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send their applications, resumes and certified copies of academic and professional certificates to: [email protected] addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Competitiveness Commission,
1 Adylinn Road,
Cnr Marlborough and Adylinn Rd,
Applications should be received not later than 15 August 2021.
WOMEN candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and remuneration and benefits will be communicated ONLY for successful candidates. In the interest of public health, please note that no hard copy applications will be accepted.
Related Jobs (20)
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time