- Post Date:December 13, 2021
- Views 273
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Midlands Christian School (MCS), a member of the Midlands Christian Group of Schools (MCGS) has a vacancy for School Head commencing Term 2, 2022. We therefore invite applications interested, suitably qualified and experienced individuals.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Oversees the daily overall operation of the school, its administrative staff and office functions.
- Actively engaging with teachers, students, parents, and staff to understand and proactively manage issues and concerns. Consult, escalating openly and frequently as a means of communicating critical issues to critical school stakeholders.
- Manages the annual operating plan, setting short to medium-term objectives, set measures and track progress for achievement of excellence. The position will fulfill all the requirements of a Head as per requirements of Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education and will report to the Principal Director MCGS.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reinforces school culture, mission, distinctives, and principles and ensure observance of School Christian Heritage.
- Administer and coordinate all academics, sporting, and extra mural activities to ensure a well-rounded child.
- Plans and ensures capacity development programmes for both pupils and staff.
- Ensuring school compliance to requirements of Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education.
- Together with staff, identify individual pupil special needs and ensuring appropriate corrective measures in consultation with parents.
- Establishing effective communication channels to keep the staff, pupils, and parents properly informed.
- Keep abreast of positive developments at ATS and/or other affiliate organisations.
- Ensure broad-based curriculum centered on ZIMSEC and Cambridge syllabus Lower Primary.
- Recruits highly qualified and capable staff to deliver academic programmes and lead creative
- Participates in parent/teacher conferences as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Demonstrated history of effectiveness in leadership of a Christian school.
- Demonstrated acumen for mentoring and guiding the professional development of classroom teachers.
- Proven record of quickly assimilating into new environments, identifying areas for improvement, and effecting change, while cultivating positive relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree and related professional qualification plus at least 5 years of experience as a classroom teacher.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply to [email protected] Submit detailed Curriculum Vitae with references, no later than 15 January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (11)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract