- Post Date:November 25, 2021
- Views 653
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Banking
An opportunity exists for a Scheduler to join our dynamic team based in Zimbabwe.
The purpose of this role is to organise and manage the teller’s float to make sure that they don’t run out and are not over funded.
The Scheduler reports directly to the Lead Scheduler. This position is responsible for managing the Tellers’ float and is also responsible for rendering support to the Tellers. This role also ensure that the Company remain within the set cash limits at each location, they are also responsible for reconciliation of all trading activities performed at booths and branches by monitoring live cash balances and every cash movement, also to ensure that all locations have sufficient cash to trade for the day.
Internal Liaison with Cash Logistics and Branch Tellers. External Liaison takes place with Banks and 3rd parties
Duties and Responsibilities (Includes but is not limited to):
- Updating regional recons on a daily basis
- Summarise the cash movement
- Identify and follow up on variances
- Compare regional recons with banking statements
- Update on the recons, all new tellers and remove all tellers who have left the company
- Report any suspicious activities to the Lead Scheduler
- Point person for the tellers
- Gives solution to all teller queries
- Must be friendly to the tellers for them to feel comfortable to approach them
- Must be ready to liaise with clients if need be
- Managing the teller’s float
- Forecasts the amount which a teller might use within a day
- Minimizes costs by ensuring that we don’t do a lot of runs for one location.
- Check all currencies and give instruction to the bank as required
- Ensures that we remain within the insurance limits for trading and the location
- Point person for bank and Mukuru
- Ensure all forms and transactions are accurately prepared and completed
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Accounting/Business /Computer Science Diploma (Essential)
- Understanding and speaking of English and relevant local language (Essential)
- 2 -3 years’ experience Tellers Experience (in Financial sector environment (Essential)
- Relevant experience in the management of spreadsheet (Advantageous)
- Knowledge of Reconciliation
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Knowledge of money laundering
- Knowledge of foreign Exchange
- Computer skills
- Telephone skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
Should you be appointed in a remote/work from home role at Mukuru, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a ‘work-like’ environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS
Related Jobs (42)
Human Capital Planning & Skills Development Officer on December 8, 2021 Full Time
Site QA/QC Coordinator on December 6, 2021