- Post Date:January 14, 2022
- Apply Before: January 30, 2022
- Views 39
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Transportation
Bereka is an essential grassroots logistics services provider, delivering money and goods with convenience, safety, and security to our financially underserved customers in the communities we serve.
About the Role
Bereka is looking for a detail-oriented logistics dispatcher/scheduler. In this position, your responsibilities will include monitoring our mobile teller float levels, dispatching them to carry out deliveries, communicating with the drivers and customers, and ensuring the delivery process runs smoothly.
To ensure success as a dispatcher/scheduler, you should exhibit extensive experience in dispatching and scheduling vehicles, and the ability to work under a high pressure environment. Ultimately, we are looking for someone whose organizational skills translate to exceptional freight delivery services.
- Scheduling drivers to make deliveries and replenish their float
- Communicating with drivers about deliveries, updates on orders, routes etc.
- Maintaining records of driver deliveries, monitoring success rates
- Summarising the cash movement
- Identify variances and follow up on them
- Report any suspicious activities to admin
- Point person for the drivers
- Gives solution to all driver queries
- Must be friendly to the drivers for them to feel comfortable to approach them
- Forecasts the amount which a driver might use within a day
- Minimizes costs by ensuring that we don’t do a lot of runs for one location.
- Point person for Bereka and the customers
- Ensure all forms and transactions are accurately prepared and completed
- Maintaining records of dispatched calls, driver routes, route changes, as well as delivery and pickup times.
- Keeping track of transportation regulations and laws to ensure that drivers comply.
- Reviewing drivers’ logs, including dispatched calls and arrival times.
- Monitoring repairs and maintenance schedules.
- 3 A level passes
- Diploma / degree in transportation or logistics would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience as a truck dispatcher in a similar industry.
- Exceptional ability to schedule drivers, plan routes, and dispatch drivers to customer locations.
- Extensive experience in customer services
- Experience with Transportation Management Software is an added advantage
- Proficiency in office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Ability to monitor drivers’ logs, truck maintenance schedules, and repairs.
- Knowledge of applicable transportation regulations and laws.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Computer skills
- Telephone skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
Email applications to [email protected] not later than Saturday 29 January, 2022; please include the Scheduler/Dispatcher in the email subject as reference.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful