Sales and Distribution Manager
- Post Date:June 18, 2021
- Views 371
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
We have been exclusively retained by our client, a well established manufacturer and supplier of fast moving consumer goods in the agro-processing industry to assist with the recruitment and selection of a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the critical role of Sales and Distribution Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for driving topline performance to achieve national sales volume and turnover targets as well as delivering the operating plan and strategic path for sales, marketing and distribution for the whole range of Milling and Prepacks products.
The position reports to the Business Unit Head.
Key Job Functions:
- To develop and implement marketing, sales and distribution strategies for products.
- Develop the business through new customer recruitment, identifying and exploiting business growth opportunities, developing new markets for products and customer relationship management.
- Ensure profitability, market share growth and manage the promotional mix for the whole range of Milling and Prepacks products.
- Formulating and controlling annual sales budgets .
- Provide management with market intelligence for strategic decision making.
- Make recommendations regarding the development and introduction of new products and policies on pricing and distribution.
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for current product portfolio and determine future customer requirements.
- Exploit advertising, marketing and sales opportunities at major shows, corporate events and conferences.
- Optimise sales team performance through facilitating team dynamics, implementing performance management, communicating effectively and developing team members.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Ensure timeous collection of outstanding debts and adherence to set credit limits.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a holder of a Degree in Marketing and Sales Management/ Business Studies/ International Marketing or equivalent.
- A post graduate professional qualification / relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the agro-processing and FMCG sector, 5 of which should be at a Senior Management level.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Strong trade, marketing and distribution skills.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to our Managing Consultant Emmanuel Jinda on +263 773 004 143 or +263 (242) 772 778/ 770 035 or to Calistas Bumhira on +263 773 280 689
Fidelity Life Tower,
The Closing Date for Applications is 30 June 2021
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Jobs (8)
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021