- Post Date:November 3, 2021
- Views 431
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Mining
A great opportunity has become available for a qualified and competent person to fill the Safety Officer position at Shamva Gold Mine.
Core Function of the Position
To ensure effective proactive management of all occupational safety, heath, environment and quality risks related to the Shamva Gold Mine processes and activities in line with SHEQ standards, legislative and best practice requirements.
- Identifying and raising awareness of SHEQ issues in the work place.
- Checking and enforcing compliance with safety regulatory and policy requirements.
- Checking and enforcing compliance with SHEQ systems
- Facilitating incident investigations and reporting
- Conducting planned and random safety inspections and produces reports for the same
- Carrying out planned statutory inspections
- Liaising with all departments for Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment to be enforced
- Conducting safety awareness at the workplace and in the community as and when required
- Check and assist in corrective action management
- Implementing and coordinating surface emergency response plans and first aid programs.
- A tertiary qualification in the field of Occupational Safety & Health / Hygiene
- Minimum 6 years working experience in a similar position (preferably in an underground gold mine).
- Possession of OSHEMAC or equivalent certificate
- Computer literate
- Working knowledge of underground gold mining and SHEQ systems standards
- Thorough knowledge and sound understanding of regulations related to mine safety occupational health and environment.
- Knowledge of SHEQ management systems (ISO $001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001)
Interested and well qualified persons meeting the above criteria should submit their applications together with certified copies of qualifications on or before 5 November 2021 to: [email protected]
No. 2 Richlands Road
P.O Box 56
Related Jobs (38)
2 x Projects Coordinator (Midlands Province & Matebeleland North) on December 5, 2021 Full Time