Rock Mechanics Engineer
- Post Date:June 3, 2021
- Views 264
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Bulawayo Mining Company (Private) Limited (How Mine) is currently looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Rock Mechanics Engineer.
The overall role and function of the position is to be responsible for all Geotechnical work at the mine or any other specified asset selected by How Mine.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the Ground Control Management Plan for the operation.
- Conducting geotechnical work on underground mining and projects using field data and numerical analysis.
- Leading the development and execution of relevant interventions and solutions for the identified needs.
- Managing relevant interaction with all stakeholders on a regular basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering, Geology, Geological Engineering, or Structural Geology froma reputable institution.
- A post-graduate qualification in Geotechnical, Geomechanics, Mining Engineering, Geophysics or related field from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- +4 years of relevant experience as a Geotechnical Engineer, Rock Mechanics Engineer, Geomechanics Engineer or related position.
- +2 years of practical experience with advanced numerical modelling, geotechnical monitoring instruments and techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to generate reports.
- Knowledge of SHEQ management systems would be a distinct advantage.
Applications with detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates are to be submitted to How Mine on or before 7 June 2021.
The Human Resources Manager
(Rock Mechanics Engineer)
Bulawayo Mining Company
P.O. Box 2259
Or email [email protected]
Related Jobs (17)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time