- Post Date:May 2, 2022
- Views 525
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Local Government
DEPARTMENT: ENGINEERING SERVICES
REPORTING TO: THE DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING SERVICES.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Roads Engineer which has become vacant in the Engineering Services Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Master of Science in Construction Project Management is an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years post qualifying experience
- A clean criminal record.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Operational knowledge and dexterity in civil works
- Accurate implementation of civil engineering works.
- Customer calls-response etiquette.
- Problem solving skills and time conscious.
- Honest, reliable and responsible.
- Client service orientation.
- Results driven or task oriented.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing of road schemes and maintenance of roads networks.
- Supervising and training of staff.
- Budgeting and budgetary controls.
- Procuring roads equipment.
- Planning and supervising road network maintenance and improvement projects
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Managing construction teams and adhering to health and safety guidelines.
- Undertaking risk assessments and construction costs estimations
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within the budget.
- Dealing with stakeholders including clients, transport specialists and members of the public.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering Services.
In return Council offers:
- A competitive salary
- Generous leave days
- Contributory Pension and Medical Aid
Interested candidates should submit detailed CVs with certified copies of qualifications to the Office of The Chamber Secretary not later than Friday 06 May 2022.
V.D CHIKWEKWE – ACTING TOWN CLERK
CITY OF GWERU
CIVIC CENTRE GARDENS
CORNER ROBERT MUGABE WAY AND 8™ STREET
P.O. BOX 278
TEL: 0254 224071-9