- Post Date:August 24, 2022
- Views 423
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
An export promotion company seeks to fill the position of Risk Manager that has arisen. This position exists to provide technical and analytical support to the Board and senior management on risk, actuarial, and compliance management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, designs, and implements an overall risk management process for the organization
- Monitors internal and external environment to establish any deviations from the policy and to advice on risks and opportunities available.
- Designs and recommends a credit policy to determine how much applicants in each sector are insured as per market practice thus leveraging the organisation against high level on financial loss.
- Checks operational departments to assess adherence to set guidelines and procedures to avoid any risks.
- Provides assurance regarding the calculations and appropriateness of assumptions underlying insurance liabilities and capital adequacy requirements
- Leads the division’s budget preparation, approval, and review process in liaison with the Finance Department.
- Presents to the Board a report that covers risk management issues, capital adequacy and other risk issues to ensure that informed decisions are made.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Actuarial Science/Risk Management / Insurance / Auditing / equivalent
- Relevant Master’s degree is a distinct advantage.
- Corporate Membership to a relevant professional body.
Competencies and Experience
- 5-7 years’ relevant experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of risk management and finance
- Organisational Awareness
- Proficiency using Risk Management Information Systems