Risk Engineer: FBC Reinsurance
- Post Date:February 2, 2021
- Views 450
- Qualification DegreeExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above named position that has arisen at FBC Reinsurance.
- Conducting risk management, underwriting, post loss and specific surveys giving recommendations for risk improvement/elimination.
- Maintaining the risk management office.
- Attending to incoming risk management queries.
- Providing technical back-up to the underwriting and claims functions.
- Running with and coordinating the BCP and DR issues and requirements.
- Conducting risk management surveys and compiling risk management reports.
- Monitoring developments in the risk management field.
- Assessing and quantifying clients’ exposure to pure risk and all risk transfer products that we provide cover for.
- Giving sound risk control, reduction and elimination recommendations to clients.
- Attending contentious claims issues and meetings.
- Quantifying and computing insured’s MPL and EML.
- Assisting in detecting fraudulent claims.
- Interfacing, conducting reviews and interacting with independent loss adjusters assessors on major engineering, property claims and losses and attendant BI to ensure that the interests of the company are safeguarded.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering degree; mechanical engineering degree preferred.
- Be an Associate/Fellow of the Institute of Risk Management (IRM), ACII, IFE, Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (IOSH) Diploma in an engineering/Technical discipline would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, 3 years of which must have been at middle management level, working in a pure risk management environment with particular experience in Operational, Fire, Engineering, Environmental, Health and Safety and security surveys.
COMPETENCE AND SKILLS
- Must be someone with a strong presence, who can effectively interface with all management levels both within and outside the Group.
- Have thorough knowledge of the Factories and Works Act, supporting Regulations, S.I. 68 of 1990, the Environmental Act, Model Building Bye Laws and various relevant standards.
- Thorough knowledge of fire protection systems and security systems.
- Good knowledge of the insurance industry, its products, operations principles and procedures.
- A good technical and engineering aptitude.
- Good communication, report writing skills, investigative skills and good maths aptitude.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of producing with minimum and/or no supervision.
- Good computer skills of all Microsoft office solutions products.
- Good leadership skills
- Competent in photography using a digital camera and other risk management aids like sound level meters, gas meters, pressure gauges, flow meters etc.
- Should be able to design a proposal form for new products coming into the market.
Interested candidates are to send their applications and CVs via e-mail to [email protected] by no later than 7 February, 2021 clearly marked: Risk Engineer: FBC Reinsurance