Risk and Compliance Officer
- Post Date:June 17, 2021
- Views 480
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Law Society of Zimbabwe seeks to recruit a Risk and Compliance Officer on a full time basis. The Risk and Compliance Officer will operate under the overall guidance of the Regulatory Services, Risk & Compliance Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
The Risk and Compliance Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Finalise the Law Society Institutional Risk Management Framework;
- Review practices of the Law Society and law firms and develop responsive risk-based systems to guide proactive regulation and compliance enforcement;
- Conduct special investigations;
- Conduct compliance inspections on all law firms and develop relevant recommendations to the Disciplinary and Ethics Committee (DEC) following the compliance inspections;
- Identify potential risks within law firms and develop intervention mechanisms according to the risk category;
- Develop policy and practice guidelines on Money laundering and combating financing of terrorist activities;
- Conduct trainings on various Risk Management topics.
- Experience in compliance and risk management;
- Good Legal research skills and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Mediation and conciliatory skills and experience an added advantage;
- Powerpoint presentation skills;
- Strong character.
- A Legal or Accounting University qualification is a must;
- A Masters will be an added advantage;
- At least 4 years experience in a Risk management environment;
- At least four (4) years’ work experience in a legal environment;
- An understanding of Money laundering legislation is a must;
- Previous experience in a similar position or in an auditing or banking environment will be an added advantage;
- Computer proficiency.
Interested qualified applicants email their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (as a single document) together with certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications (as a second single document) to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 30 June 2021 (4pm)
Related Jobs (6)
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time