Review of COVID 19 projects implemented by Tearfund Partners in Zimbabwe
- Post Date:August 5, 2021
- Views 387
- Career Level ConsultantQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Tearfund is a Christian relief and development agency. It currently works in around 50 countries, with a primary focus on supporting those in poverty and providing disaster relief for disadvantaged communities. Tearfund wants to unlock the potential of local churches and community organizations globally to tackle the root causes of poverty, injustice and fragility in their wider communities.
About the consultancy
Tearfund wants to better understand the role played by the church in responding to COVID 19. For this to happen, a review of COVID 19 responses implemented by 4 partners in Zimbabwe has been commissioned. This evaluation will include a detailed desk review as well as field work as soon as the lockdown has been lifted. More details of the review are included in a TOR that will be shared with the shortlisted candidates.
- The consultant will over a period of 4/5 weeks conduct a review of Tearfund partners’ COVID 19 responses implemented in identified sites.
- Tearfund will require the consultant to produce an inception report at the beginning of the consultancy that will detail their data collection plan, methodology, deliverables and timeframe.
- The consultant will also conduct a desk review of project proposals and reports; they will be required to produce and present key findings of the review and facilitate internal webinars at regional and Global level.
- The Consultant will need to have a background in Social Sciences with a Masters degree in their area of study.
- They need to have 5 years experience in research especially in conducting studies in rural Zimbabwe as the COVID 19 interventions were mainly conducted in rural areas;
- The consultant will also need to have strong research skills with experience in writing case studies and/or conducting research in an NGO setting.
- He/she should have excellent academic writing skills, interviewing skills, facilitation and analysis skills.
- Experience with conducting similar work with Faith Based Organisations (FBOs) and the church would be an added advantage.
Send your applications including a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and a curriculum vitae with 3 traceable references to [email protected] and cc [email protected] and please label your application COVID 19 review.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 August 2021
Related Jobs (33)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract