Resource Mobilization Manager
- Post Date:May 11, 2022
- Views 427
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Report to: Head of Programme
Contract Period: Fixed Term
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based civil society organization. It was founded in 1922 by representatives of the Danish Evangelical Church, which continues to be a key DCA constituency. DCA is supported by volunteers, supporters, and staff working hard to save lives in many countries. DanChurchAid supports the needy and the poorest of the world in their struggle for a dignified and better life and helps those whose lives are threatened.
The Resource Mobilisation Manager will actively support DCA Zimbabwe in identifying and responding to new funding opportunities, is responsible for writing grant proposals, obtaining funding, recording and reporting grant activity, and assisting all involved parties on the terms and conditions of the program. Coordinate and lead the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports. The Job holder will also be providing strategic and technical support to Grant Management and Partnership.
- Monitor new call for proposals and thoroughly review the ones published, identifying risks and constraints for each one as well as DCA’s eligibility and brief the HOP and other relevant staff accordingly.
- Donor Intelligence and Donor Research – Track trends and characteristics of donor resources and prospects as well as report them using a variety of techniques for gathering, segmenting and analysing current and prospective donors.
- Donor and partner relationship building and management – Use a variety of techniques to cultivate new and maintain existing donor relationships. Ability to create a comprehensive donor communications plan and communicate with donors and partners.
- Support and lead proposal writing effort in coordination with HOP and technical teams in the office. This entails the preparation of internal work plan (STEPs), proposal templates, review of donor guidelines, writing of sections of or full concept notes, quality and coherence checks, language editing, financial vs. narrative coherence review etc.
- Ensure proposals/concept notes are in accordance with donor frameworks, guidelines, and language and are comprehended by the Country Office Technical teams.
- Review thoroughly all contracts and memorandum of understanding signed by DCA with donors, partners, institutions and ensure use of standard formats. Ensure alignment with DCA’s and donors’ requirements.
- Facilitate Grants Kick Off meetings ensuring that implementing partners and staff are acquainted with the word and the spirit of all the grants.
- Liaise with HQ or donors to stay up to date on reporting requirements and in following up/tracking of submitted reports ensuring all issues are resolved.
- Assist field teams in drafting of donor reports by ensuring that reports are in accordance with donor requirements and are submitted on time and in the right quality.
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Public Finance, Public Administration, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field.
- A relevant master’s degree is an added advantage
- High level experience of at least 5 years in international development with demonstrable success in resource mobilization for local or international organizations.
- Fluency in English
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethics.
- Understanding of funding issues in development and demonstrable commitment.
- In-depth understanding of partnership and the business development process.
- Strategic planning and management skills.
- Understanding of the human rights-based approach to development and donor contract management.
- Staff and partner capacity development, communication and public relations skills and experience.
- Resource mobilization, monitoring, networking and collaboration skills and experience
- People management, leadership, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
- Facilitation skills on capacity development/strengthening, budgeting and prudent financial management.
- Program management, funding proposal development, networking and stakeholder management skills and experience
NB: . Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.