Resource Development and Donor Engagement Team Leader (RDDE-TL)
- Post Date:September 13, 2021
- Views 350
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives.
World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe(WVZ) is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Resource Development and Donor Engagement Team Leader (RDDE-TL)
Location: Harare National Office
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position provides overall leadership for the development and implementation of the WVZ Resource Development and Donor Engagement (RDDE) strategy with a key focus on building strong relationships with existing and new donors and partners, funding diversification, program sustainability and impact. The RDDE lead is a key external engagement figure and will coordinate internally with technical experts to ensure full and effective representation of WVs programs and leadership is captured.
This role requires a deep knowledge and proven track record of effective grant project design and implementation oversight as well as experience in donor engagement and positioning at the operational and strategic, national, and ideally, international levels. This position requires highly attuned coordination skills to build collaborative multi-sector/functional teams both internally and externally to create highly impactful projects that serve the needs of the most vulnerable.
Strategy and Leadership:
- Provide leadership to the Resource Development and Donor Engagement Department in collaboration with WVZ / Regional Office (RO)/ Support Office (SO) teams to drive growth and diversification of resources from bilateral, multilateral, foundations, corporate donors, and Resources In Kind (RIK)
- In coordination with the WVZ technical, programs and the operations leadership teams, and the Regional Resource Development Director (RRD) develop and/or revise the WVZ resource development annual business plan and targets and collaboration with Operations Director on grant management tracking
- In accordance with Global Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) processes and the WVZ Strategy Cycle, assist the leadership team in setting reasonable annual resource/grant income projections to be used as a performance indicator
Donor Tracking, Prepositioning and Engagement:
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to build and maintain WVZ’s public reputation as a key humanitarian, development and advocacy partner through targeted donor and partner engagement, sharing program impact information, and building alliances/partnerships with key national and international stakeholders.
- Develop/maintain and oversee an external engagement and positioning plan which is informed though tracking and mapping of the donor landscape (identify, develop, and track new and current donor relationships) and work proactively with RO and SO resource development teams to ensure coordinated donor intelligence gathering, sharing and grant opportunity targeting
- With the participation of relevant WVZ staff and departments, organize prepositioning meetings with donors and key partners and develop/present key program impact data in coordination with WVZ’s communications and sector leads to position WV as a partner of choice.
- Actively engage and participate in strategic in country donor meetings/clusters with foundations, bilateral and multilateral institutions, and corporates. This will be done in coordination with the National Director (ND) and other key technical and operations staff who may also participate in relevant meetings.
- Identify key relationships with local government and other key local stakeholders to strengthen the FOs brand and profile within the country.
- In collaboration with WVZ’s communications and sector leads, develop innovative branding and marketing material, events and communication strategies (social media, websites, etc.) to attract new local donors/ corporates/ partners, and build WV’s national brand recognition
- Maintain the grant opportunity tracking system in collaboration with RRD and maintain an overview of country level grant funding opportunities and donor trends.
- In coordination with SOs and cross WVZ/RO functional teams, develop concept notes and proposals leading to successful funding opportunities.
- Provide leadership in the identification, selection and negotiations of key external partners/consortia (INGO/NGO/CSO/Government. Etc.) which will compliment and strengthen the proposal/project.
- Lead the Go/No Go internal process in collaboration with FO/RO/SO per each grant opportunity, and ensure the appropriate use of the Grants Risk Assessment Form is used to make informed decisions
- Per grant opportunity, provide leadership in the coordination of the proposal development team, programmatic, sector inputs and budget development in alignment with donor requirements
- Ensure proposals/concepts are leveraging internal people and financial resources, complimenting other grant projects/sponsorship programming (where possible), and any additional required resources (ie. grant match) is sourced in partnership with SOs, external partners or corporates
- In collaboration with finance ensure that budgets are detailed, realistic and in alignment with successful implementation of key outcomes
- In collaboration with Human Resources (P&C), Operations, finance and WVZ senior leadership, ensure that key positions (within the RDU team and/or a grant) are identified, job descriptions are created and successful timely hiring is achieved
- Develop national corporate concepts/ in collaboration with WVZ teams to raise financial and GIK resources
- Working with Procurement/Admin/Finance to ensure risk for WVZ is reduced through implementing due diligence protocol on venders, staff, donors and partners
Grant Management and Compliance:
- In coordination with Finance, Procurement, and Administration teams, ensure all aspect of grant compliance and management (e.g. reporting, procurement, visibility, transfer of assets, audit, etc) including sub grantee management plans are understood and adhered to.
- Ensure Grant Health Tracker for grant projects are up to date and any issues are addressed.
- In collaboration with WVZ/RO finance monitor grant burn-rates, audit reports and other risk monitoring data, and issues are addressed with appropriate FO/RO/SO teams and donors (when needed).
- In conjunction with finance and operations ensure compliance in key grant areas (e.g. eligibility criteria, internal administrative cost levels, grant match, grant reporting, etc). Flag critical policy or systems issues needing resolution by Global Center (GC).
- Prepare monthly and quarterly grants performance reports for leadership using RDU and finance standardized metrics and protocols.
- Ensure Horizon grant tracking system is up to date
- Ensure relevant WVZ staff are informed about their role within the design of grant proposals and the successful implementation of grants.
- New RDDE and grant management staff are onboarded and trained (Horizon, Proposal Pro/G2G, etc) and aware of WVI core grant standards, policies, database and tools and networks.
- Ensure key in RDDE and finance staff are proposal pro certified.
- Ensure RDDE and finance are trained in Horizon
- Identify capacity gaps or upskilling opportunities for WVZ teams in grant acquisition and management (ie. Horizon, G2G, sub grantee management, technical branding, National resource development, etc.)
- Develop a strong successor to be able to take up increasing grant management responsibility.
- Regularly engage SLT, Operations and technical leads to ensure that proposed projects align with strategic goals, have the appropriate resource to implement well, and that implementation issues are addressed
- Ensure appropriate representation at WVZ and other strategic fora to enhance programming collaboration and strategic resource planning.
- Represent WVZ in the grants community and share lessons learned with RO/SO and other FO peers (GAM CoP, Fragile Context CoP, GAM Hubs and Global Grants Compliance Unit
- Regularly (weekly/monthly) engage and provide updates to RRD (update meetings, monthly grant tracking reports, quarterly grant reports, grant health trackers, burn-rate reports)
- Participate in Regional coordination calls with RRD and WVZ peers (information sharing, learning seminar, global/regional updates and training sessions)
- Regularly engage (calls/emails) with key SOs to build a trusting and information sharing relationship
- As a member of the WVZ SLT and through regular engagement with the SLT, provide updates on revenue, donor engagement and positioning while contributing to the overall scope of discussion
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Law or relevant Social Science or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in tracking, prepositioning, designing high quality grants with proven track record of successful grant acquisition from bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID/OFDA, FCDO (UKAid), GAC, EC/ECHO/, UN agencies, ADB/WB, Global Fund and others.
- Experienced networker with strong skills in donor relations at a national and ideally at the international level, negotiations and partnering with up to date knowledge of donor landscape and trends in the humanitarian & development sector.
- Solid understanding of the full grant cycle and of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors
- Proven experience and skills in proposal writing.
- Must be highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office products.
- Highly proficient at written and spoken English
- Must be compatible with WV’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 20 September 2021
Related Jobs (56)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (D,M&E) Coordinator -Education on October 25, 2021 Contract