Resilience and Markets Support Officer
- Post Date:February 16, 2021
- Views 692
- Offered Salary $13,430Career Level OfficerQualification Degree
- Experience 3-5 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
Salary (full time): $13,430 Salary (full time)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 12 months
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing date: 25 February 2021
Interview date: 2 March 2021
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty.
Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of their dignity and lets injustice thrive. But together we have the power to transform lives.
We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality, justice and love worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
Everyone is equal in the sight of God. For over 70 years, this has inspired us to stand together in solidarity with our most marginalised global neighbours, of all faiths and none.
We push for good nutrition and healthcare for all. We fight the climate crisis and provide urgent help when disasters strike. We work in places of conflict to stand against violence and build lasting peace. And we help people living in poverty to earn a fair wage so they can protect themselves in times of crisis.
Above all, we seek to eradicate extreme poverty by tackling its root causes. Together with people living in poverty, we amplify our voices to speak truth to power and create lasting change.
About the role
The role works within the international programmes family and is part of Christian Aid Zimbabwe program team on to the UNDP funded ZRBF BRACT consortium. Based in the project’s Mutoko Office, the post holder works closely with project field team in Mutoko and Mudzi to facilitate inclusive market development, foster market linkages, enterprise development and improve access to business services (including financial inclusion and VSL activities). The post holder works closely with project Team Leader to provide day to day technical support to four consortium partners and supports collection, collation and analysis of relevant monitoring, evaluation and learning data. This position involves extensive communication with the partners, following up on reports and organising project events.
- You will possess a University degree in a relevant discipline (business management, international development, agribusiness, rural economic development or economics).
- You will have knowledge and experience in market based resilient livelihood interventions with at least 3 years’ experience in development work, particularly involving resilient livelihood work, markets, value chain development and or enterprise-based development initiatives.
- You will be experienced in working with partners and stakeholders in a variety of markets.
- You will have proven ability in promoting and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders.
- You will also have experience in developing activities to support the improvement of agricultural and other market systems in the region.
- You will be familiar with programme cycle management approaches and tools. Last but not least, you will be excellent in verbal and written English and Shona.
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based. The successful candidate should be able to start immediately.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
1. Build Partnerships
Tell us about a time when you worked in a helpful and cooperative way with others and provided help to them without being asked.
- What was the situation? What help was needed?
- What was expected of you in the situation? What was your task here?
- What actions did you take? Why did you take that action(s)? What was the outcome of your actions? What was the impact? How did you know?
2. Deliver Results
Please tell us about a time when you planned, monitored and delivered a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound) work objective to the standard required.
- What was the context?
- What was the work objective? What was expected of you?
- How did you plan your work and how did you monitor progress?
- What were the results? Were you successful? If so, how did you know?
3. Strive for Improvement
Please give us an example of a time when you identified a way to improve the quality of your work.
- What was the situation?
- What was your role and what did you want to improve?
- What did you do? Why and how?
- What was the impact? Was your work improved? If so, how did you know?