Researcher (one month)
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 501
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Young Africa International is looking for a Researcher for a short-term (1 month) contract. The role is based Young Africa International – Africa Hub Office, Harare, Zimbabwe. Under the supervision of the Head of Programmes, the Researcher will be responsible for conducting a Situational Analysis Study for an entrepreneurship promotion project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review project documents and draft a research protocol/design;
- Design study tools for each stakeholder group as guided by the approved protocol;
- Collect data (digitally) from various stakeholder groups (using IDIs, FGDs, Survey etc);
- Analyse the data and produce a Situational Analysis Report;
- Facilitate input from project team on draft report and integrate comments/input into draft report;
Required competences / skills;
- Excellent operations research experience;
- Excellent organizer with excellent writing skills, especially research reports;
- Quick, proactive, initiative, creative person with an eye for detail;
- Thorough mastery of research methodologies, practical experience of drafting tools;
- Familiarity with online/virtual data collection;
- Excellent data analysis skills;
- Experience with facilitating Focus Group Discussions virtually.
- A Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Development Studies, Business Management, Entrepreneurship,
- Traceable Experience conducting operations research.
If you meet the above profile and are interested in a short-term, exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic multi-country team, please send us your 1-page motivation letter, stating why you think you are the best candidate for this job and your preferred remuneration. Also attach your Resume. The application pack must be sent by email to [email protected]
Applications received beyond the deadline will not be considered.
Deadline: 5 May 2021 (4pm)
Related Jobs (50)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract