Researcher - Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership
- Post Date:January 18, 2022
- Views 457
- Career Level ConsultantQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A local women rights organisation is calling for applications for a researcher who is capable of conducting a national survey to establish the “Impact of gender attitudes on women’s political leadership”: The case of Zimbabwe
The researcher should be able to bring to the fore the complex challenges women face in ascending to public office in Zimbabwe and bring out the implications of society’s attitude on women leadership.
The researcher shall conduct a community cross-sectional survey among stakeholders that include women, women aspiring leaders, public and private institutions in Zimbabwe.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct research, consultations, and reporting activities in collaboration with other team members;
- The Gender Research Specialist will also be responsible for carrying out specific research tasks;
- Carrying out data collection & data analysis based on an approved approach.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences plus a minimum of 8 years’ experience in doing research, performance monitoring and evaluation; OR a PhD and 6 years’ experience;
- Demonstrated experience, preferably 5 years, in gender equality and women’s empowerment programming, research, or evaluation;
- Expertise in one of the following areas:
- gender and economic empowerment
- gender-based violence,
- gender and crisis / conflict response; and
- gender programs funded by other donors;
- Experience in training and/or conference session facilitation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to present analysis in a competent and engaging manner;
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams and facilitate productive meetings.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter of not more than 300 words with the subject line Gender Equality research to [email protected]
Deadline: 29 January 2022