Research Nurse (Beitbridge)
- Post Date:December 15, 2021
- Views 295
- Career Level NurseQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A position has arisen within an international non-profit organization supporting our mission to improve the health of people and communities through innovation in Health Systems and Research; primarily focusing on research, support and implementing integrated approaches to managing TB and HIV.
Your primary role will be to participate in:
- Implementation of TB prevention treatment study for HIV positive participants in a public healthcare setting as follows:
- Perform TB screening and testing at the health facilities;
- Collect, store and report data appropriately as per the protocol.
- Provide clinical services:
- Obtain medical history and physical examination of patients;
- Specimen collection for clinical investigation of study outcomes, assessing results and potential referral pathways including radiological examinations;
- Assist with ART initiation for newly identified positive clients.
- Research related activities:
- Being responsible for the proper documentation of all study activities, performing data quality checks on collected data;
- Complete, compile and submit study case report forms (CRFs) and source documents timeously;
- Ensure all records on participants are completed and accurately filed with strict adherence to documentation handling procedures, maintaining accurate study logs related to enrolment and other study activities;
- Report on daily/weekly activities to the Study Coordinator and meet stipulated enrolment and follow-up targets.
- Complete any other activities as required by the protocol or the study.
Competencies and skills required
- Registered General Nurse with at least 3 years’ experience working with staff in public healthcare facilities;
- Familiarity with research settings is a desirable trait;
- Knowledge of HIV/TB diagnosis, treatment, and care issues as well as GCP/Ethics training;
- Strong inter-personal communication and relationship building skills-demonstrated experience working with and building relationships with local stakeholders is an added advantage;
- Knowledge and experience of Excel macros, Stata, GIS, and SPSS would be a significant advantage.
This role will be based in Beitbridge with preference to applicants with fluency in local languages (Shona, Ndebele, and Venda).
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CVs, a cover letter and proof of qualifications to [email protected]
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 December 2021
Related Jobs (19)
Assistant Project Officer (APO)-Services and Linkages on January 18, 2022 Contract
Data Entry Clerk – Bambanani x 1, Chitungwiza x 1 (Full time) on January 18, 2022 Full Time