Research & Knowledge Management Manager
- Post Date:February 8, 2022
- Views 379
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust (PZAT) is an independent Zimbabwean entity registered as a local Trust in August of 2012 (MA/909/2012). PZAT strives to transform the lives of people living with and affected by HIV by working to ensure their access to comprehensive HIV and sexual health services delivered in safe and supportive environments. PZAT has led and engaged in several programmatic and research activities focused on key affected populations in partnership with the MOHCC and academic, local and multinational partners.
PZAT is looking to engage a full-time Research & Knowledge Management Manager for their project based in Zimbabwe. S/he will be based in Harare with some travel around the country for meetings, training, and/or support & supervisory visits. They will report to the Project Lead. The Research & Knowledge Management Manager will provide technical leadership to document project implementation science activities and results, ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection and analysis, and lead dissemination and use of analysis findings to inform project leadership as well as external stakeholders, for continuous project improvement and adaptive implementation. S/he will be responsible for managing the knowledge generated from the project’s implementation science monitoring and evaluation system and ensure the integrity of the data collected.
Duration: March 2022 to December 2022, renewable on an annual basis upon satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Key duties & responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Lead evidence generation for decision making and utilization through data analysis meetings and production of appropriate reports for sharing with local, regional, and international stakeholders;
- Attend and contribute to key platforms such as Technical Working Groups related to HIV prevention interventions, implementation studies, and research utilization (RU) / knowledge management (KM);
- Participate in regular MOSAIC consortium calls on implementation science (IS) and RU / KM;
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of implementation research and a demonstrated ability to supervise and / or manage implementation research data collection processes;
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on key result areas to incorporate lessons learned into program designs, implementation as well as for awareness-creating campaigns;
- Proficiency in at least one statistical software package e.g STATA, SAS, R, excel or SPSS is a must;
- Proficiency in at least one qualitative software package e.g NVIVO, Dedoose or ATLAS is a must;
- Ability to develop and manage functional knowledge management systems and knowledge – sharing platforms to accelerate learning within and outside of the organization;
- Track and document any best practices that emerge through MOSAIC in-country activities;
- Ensure dissemination and sharing of results and contribute to publications;
- Willingness to travel around the country;
- Excellent writing, reporting and presentation skills, including fluency in English and one or more of the local languages spoken (e.g Shona and / or Ndebele).
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- A degree in social science or public health;
- A postgraduate qualification in public health, M&E or social science, is an added advantage;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience conducting research in developing countries, preferably in a sub-Saharan Africa high disease burden country and providing high-level analysis, interpretation and summaries of the findings for a range of audiences;
- Proficient in computers and Microsoft packages;
- A clean class 4 driver’s license.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and detailed CV, clearly stating the position being applied for in the subject section of the email to [email protected] by close of business on Friday 11 February 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.