- Post Date:January 25, 2022
- Views 833
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Reporting to: Evidence, Research and Learning Manager
Location: Central Office
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Research Assistant works at the intersection of data analysis, research and programming and reports to the Research Evidence and Learning Manager. They will be responsible for data analysis of patient-level collected through other OPHID databases to answer deep dives, rapid assessments and research questions arising within the organization that are aimed at informing program planning and optimizing programme implementation activities. S/he will also provide assistance in documenting all deep dives in the form of reports and PowerPoint presentations including writing draft manuscripts.
- Work with the Evidence Research and Learning Manager on developing concept notes for data deep dives, rapid assessments and research protocols aimed at answering key questions arising within OPHID program implementation
- Conduct statistical data analysis and produce key summary findings and visualizations for presentation and writeup of feedback reports, PowerPoint presentations and scientific manuscripts write-ups
- Provide support for review and quality control activities for data collected and received for any ongoing data deep dives, rapid assessments and studies.
- Document research and best practices and create journal articles and other information packages
- Reporting, data quality, data analysis, and use for the district HIV, TB, and TB/HIV program implementation
- Analyze routine weekly/monthly/quarterly data and provide feedback to aid preparation of remedial action plans for rectifying poor performance or documentation of best practices
- Support with revision of data collection tools to suit any changes in reporting requirements from USAID.
- Degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other Health-related field.
- Masters in Biostatistics, Epidemiology or Public Health is an added advantage
- Knowledge of data collection tools such as EpiData, RedCap, Epi Info, Open Data Kit (ODK) or EpiCollect5.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software such as Stata, SPSS, R, EpiData and Epi Info.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large aggregate and patient-level datasets.
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Step 1: Click Here and Complete the Application Form.
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 1600 hours, 28 January 2022.