- Post Date:February 22, 2022
- Views 466
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Duty station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Contract duration: 7 months Renewal is subject to availability of funding and performance
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to fill the above-mentioned post under a project that will be implemented within the Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) group of studies. The specific project where this vacancy has fallen is aimed at evaluating different ways of providing COVID-19 testing services, including use of rapid antigen tests for COVID-19 self-testing. The evaluation entails analysis of data from specific programmes that implement COVID-19 testing services and qualitative research among individuals who interact with the programmes.
Working as part of a team, the Research Fellow will be responsible for overseeing study conduct, data analysis and publication of results.
Qualifications and experience
- A PhD in Epidemiology, Public Health or related fields;
- At least two years’ experience conducting health-related research;
- Demonstrable appreciation / experience with study designs commonly used in implementation research;
- Ability to conduct, at the least, basic statistical analyses using statistical software;
- Evidence of contributing to peer-reviewed journal articles, with evidence of lead authorship an added advantage;
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively as part of a research team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Project management experience, including managing research teams;
- Computer competency particularly with Microsoft Office packages;
- Ability to work with people from various socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
Please email your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to [email protected] Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 28 February 2022 (4.30pm)