Research Development Officer
- Post Date:August 10, 2021
- Views 498
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Applications are invited for the post of Research and Development Officer.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position exists to aid evidence driven road safety decision making around the five pillars of road safety management. To promote the development of new road safety solutions.
Key Job Functions:
- Provides vital input in short and long-term strategic and operational planning and positioning within the organization.
- Build both the Office’s research agenda and informs policy makers so that they can direct and drive the development of strategies, tools and interventions that reduce road carnage and property damage caused by road traffic accidents.
- Lead a citywide data integration effort that includes the building of analytic systems and other tools in order to guide policy making and operations.
- Implementing document control systems to ensure that changes to project documentation are recorded and distributed to relevant staff and volunteers.
- Monitoring progress on the project and making senior staff members aware of any issues such as potential delays to the project.
- Coordinating effective capture and monitoring of intellectual property arising from the entity’s research portfolio.
- Supporting in-house research projects and consultations — including setting questions for surveys, and topic guides for focus groups/ interviews.
- Supporting additional specific research initiatives as required.
- Ability to use computer statistical software packages, statistical/ econometrics, mathematical models to analyze road safety data more accurately and efficiently.
- Manage organization’s databases on, among others, driving schools and defensive driving courses graduates and Co-operating Agencies.
- Ensures and monitors training of all Traffic Safety Instructors
- Monitor compliance of Co-operating agencies and submits quarterly reports of the same to Management.
The ideal incumbent will have a minimum of the following:
- A Degree in Statistics /(Research/Engineering or equivalent.
- Post- graduate qualification an added advantage.
- Should have verifiable published work with academic journals.
- Five  years relevant experience.
- A clean driver’s licence. 3
- University research assistantship an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Excellent knowledge of computerized research tools.
- Good understanding of research methods, models, and tools.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Accuracy at figures and ability to work under pressure.
All applications with certified copies of relevant qualifications and detailed C. Vs to be addressed to:
The Managing Director
P.0. Box CY 293,
Applicants should clearly indicate the job being applied for on the envelope.
Closing Date: 20 August 2021
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Related Jobs (36)
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021