Research and Energy Efficiency Engineer
- Post Date:October 13, 2021
- Views 212
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) is a statutory body mandated to ensure the provision of a level playing field for safe, reliable and sustainable energy supply through effective regulation. ZERA seeks the services of a highly competent, professional and results oriented individual who is able to take the organisation to a higher level in the following role: Research and Energy Efficiency Engineer.
Reporting to: The Technical Director
The Key Job Functions of this position will be:
- Managing and co-ordinating research projects undertaken by the Authority through other institutions.
- Assisting in concept development and participating in the formulation of energy research projects, independently evaluating proposals and selecting the same.
- Assist in developing energy efficiency codes, standards, regulations and energy management systems.
- Identifying, investigating and implementing energy efficiency pilot projects for promotion of new technologies.
- Advising/educating consumers and licensees regarding the efficient use of energy
- Developing/creating promotional material for energy efficiency awareness.
- Facilitates energy efficiency seminars/workshops and awareness campaigns such as road shows, ZITF and other exhibition platforms countrywide.
Key Job Requirements: –
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
- BSc Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Applied Physics /Chemical or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Energy Sector.
- Energy Efficiency knowledge essential
- Project Management experience and research skills
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work with other professionals in the industry
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- A Masters degree in a relevant area will be an added advantage.
Prospective candidates for this position should email their CVs to [email protected] by no later than 15 October 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Related Jobs (35)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time