Research and Communications Intern
- Post Date:March 31, 2021
- Views 480
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A registered public interest environmental law organization established a think tank institute, the Africa Institute for Environmental Law (AIEL). AIEL was established to undertake the functions of research, training, capacity building and teaching aimed at influencing policies on natural resource governance and the environment. AIEL’s vision is to become a leading internationally recognized research-intensive institute on natural resources governance / environmental law. To deliver on its mandate and attain its strategic goals, AIEL is setting up an internal structure. It is against this backdrop that AIEL is recruiting a Research and Communications Intern.
Duties and responsibilities
To support AIEL research projects through conducting research, analysing results and updating AIEL documents and social media handles. The Research and Communications Intern will be responsible for:
- Taking minutes during AIEL meetings and dialogue sessions;
- Assisting in the preparation of AIEL activity reports;
- Assist in different AIEL research projects.
- Take part in the compilation of AIEL proposals, journal papers research papers, blogs and other key Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials;
- Implementing the AIEL’s communication and visibility strategy.
- The Research and Communications Intern will also support the Communications team in maintaining a collection of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, databites video clips to use in various digital content for AIEL;
- Regularly monitor website and social media metrics and analyze monthly perform overall programme activities as may be assigned under the reporting matrix.
Qualifications and professional requirements
- Degree in social sciences or a relevant field with focus in Communications, Political Economy, Law, Governance, Gender Studies, Environmental Governance;
- Preferably one to three years working experience with at least one to two years of experience working as a communications professional for a non-profit, for-profit; or related professional experience.
- Excellent command of English language abilities in French and Portuguese or any other local language is an added advantage;
- Experience in the use of and interpretation of social media dashboards/management tools (Hootsuite) and social/web analytics software (Google Analytics);
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), presentation designing and visual communications collateral creation is a plus;
- Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design;
- On the cutting edge of emerging media trends and technologies;
- Strong writing and copy editing skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities;
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment;
- Excellence in all MS Office Applications, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their CV including a cover letter which describes suitability of the person to take this assignment including information on relevant experience, achievements, and two recommendations (including one academic one) to [email protected] by 12 April. The following title VAC: Research and Communications Intern for AIEL 21 should be clearly stated in the email subject.
Deadline: 12 April 2021
Related Jobs (68)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021