Research and Communications Intern
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 455
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Transparency International Zimbabwe (TI Z) is a non- profit, non- partisan, systems-oriented local chapter of the international movement against corruption. Its broad mandate is to fight corruption and related vices through networks of integrity in line with the Global Strategy. TI Z believes corruption can only be sufficiently tackled by all citizens including people at grass root level.
Duties and responsibilities
The Research Communications Intern will work across all departments on the following areas:
- Coordinating social media, website updates, setting up a weekly podcast and supporting all project staff on media related activities such as creative social media updates and awareness-raising campaigns.
- The Research and Communications Intern will also support the Communications Officer in maintaining a collection of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, video clips to use in various digital content for TI-Z;
- Regularly monitor website and social media metrics.
- The intern is expected to support TI-Z projects in conducting research, analysing research results.
- The Research and Communications Intern will be responsible for minute taking during TI-Z activities or meetings, assist in the preparation of TI-Z activity reports, take part in reviewing research papers, blogs and other key Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials; implementing the TI-Z’s communication and visibility strategy.
Qualifications and professional requirements
- Degree in social sciences or a relevant field with focus in Communications or Journalism, Governance, Development Studies;
- Excellent command of English language.
- Experience in the use of and interpretation of social media dashboards.
- Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design and ability to use various soft wares for designing;
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities;
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment;
- Excellence in all MS Office Applications, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their CVs with contactable references and a cover letter to [email protected]
Deadline: 9 May 2021
Related Jobs (37)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract