- Post Date:August 14, 2021
- Views 826
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Location: Gweru, Gokwe, Kwekwe, Mberengwa
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to Zimbabwe Health Interventions. Liaise with different departments and attend to transport requests. Ensure that the vehicles are always kept clean and in good working order. Prepare project fleet documents and ensure all vehicles are fully equipped with all the requisite tools.
- Convey ZHI staff and consultants to designated approved locations;
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts;
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office;
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations;
- Fulfil special request by picking up and delivering items as directed;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Mature and willing to work at odd hours;
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills;
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- A minimum of 5 O’ levels, and any other relevant certificates with a minimum of 5 years’ driving experience;
- Must have a valid defensive driving certificate and a clean driving license;
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations;
- Experience of driving 4×4 Landcruiser vehicle is required.
- Step 1: Complete the application form here
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap, or financial ability.
Applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 August 2021