- Post Date:May 28, 2021
- Views 279
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Education
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Registrar will be responsible for the administration and management of the University’s academic and non-academic support services. He/she is primarily responsible for ensuring the proper functioning and running of the University’s administrative processes in the delivery of the University Strategy and as provided for in the University of Zimbabwe Act (Chapter 25 : 16). The person should have demonstrable change management competencies, and communication and interpersonal skills. He/she should demonstrate sound knowledge of Zimbabwe’s development agenda and higher education philosophy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advising and assisting the Vice Chancellor, the University Council, Senate and other Committees of the University on matters of corporate governance, interpretation of University of Zimbabwe Statutes and Ordinances.
- Development, formulation and implementation of the University administration policies, rules and regulations at different levels in pursuit of the University’s vision and strategic objectives, and actualization of the heritage-based Education 5.0 philosophy.
- Ensuring the University environment is conducive for students’ from enrollment through graduation
- Responsible for the general soundness of the University’s business environment and brand image.
- Provide leadership and coordinate secretarial services to the University’s Council, Senate and other relevant committees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A holder of at least a relevant Masters Degree and/equivalent professional qualification in administration, management or other related relevant field. A PhD is a distinct advantage.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience at senior level with a significant part in a higher education institution or organization.
- Relevant practical experience with in information communication technologies (ICTs) and their application in administrative and management systems.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, proactive and innovative person with demonstrable leadership skills.
- He/she should be a team player with should writing skills and a proven record of trainer of trainers
- Candidate should have sound knowledge of public relations and protocol.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Eight(8) copies of applications giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, names and addresses of three (3) referees and eight (8) certified copies of qualifications and certificates should be addressed to:-
Office of the Vice Chancellor
University of Zimbabwe
630 Churchill Avenue
P.O. Box MP 167
The University of Zimbabwe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore men and women are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 31 May 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.