Regional Commercial Analyst SSA
- Post Date:May 13, 2022
- Views 366
- Career Level AnalystQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Regional Exams Commercial Analyst, Sub- Saharan Africa
The post holder will support commercial strategy implementation through commercial planning, demand forecasting, data mining and reporting, and the overall financial performance of the region, supporting analysis and advice to deliver business growth.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Carries out routine monitoring and standard reporting on commercial data involving sales, profitability and/or co-funding and sponsorship opportunities using an agreed set of corporate processes, techniques and report templates.
- Supports development of the regional BD & Sales Strategy cross product/segment
- Uses a range of standard processes and techniques to carry out routine research and analysis of actual or potential customer/audience trends – e.g. customer segmentation, demographic profiling, competitor tracking and measurement of market share.
- Under direction from RCDM, supports the development of high-quality bids, tenders and proposals by preparing or collating written content and financial data according to agreed processes and deadlines.
- Analyses clients’ needs and tailors value propositions with expert support where needed
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records and data for the region to support effective and coordinated account management.
- Conducts research, using a range of information channels, into the business activities, challenges and key personnel in target customer, partner or sponsor organisations to support senior colleagues in developing new business and cultural relations opportunities.
- Undertakes Commercial and demand forecasting to the Region
- Provides B2B/Sales forecast, actively manages pipeline and drives demand in year and for the following year.
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Business/Statistics Degree
- Commercial Analysis and Planning Experience
- Experience of conducting commercial/contract analysis
- Experience of reviewing B2B and B2B2C contract standards/templates governance
- Commercial and business reporting
- Reviewing bids, costing and pricing for large scale opportunities
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships – internal
- Financial qualification or qualification in a relevant field
- Knowledge and experience of the education sector
Pay band: 6
Contract type: Indefinite
Alternative locations the role could be based: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Department: English and Exams
Essential Requirements– Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
Closing Date – Sunday, May 15, 2022, applications will close 23:59 Nigeria Time
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please Note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.